Home

The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

I have decided, after posting about an awesome game I played between Purdue and Indiana, to create a thread where we can all come to post information, stats, pictures, videos, etc, for any games that we have played that turned out to be really good games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Re: The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

I got this idea from posting about a game I played, so I figure I'll post it on here to get this rolling.

-----

Okay, the last time I played this game for the rivalry trophy, I played it on NCAA 09 (on varsity), and it went into overtime. It was a nail biter.

I just got done playing it on NCAA 11 (on all-american), and it was a damn nail biter again!

I was Purdue. I ended up winning 24-17. They had the ball with not much time left off of an INT that I threw...yeah, should have ran the clock out. Probably trying to run up the score since the season showdown thing isn't working because of EA's servers...

They are in my red zone, and have to do a hurry up offense, spiking the ball as well, because they burned all their time outs.

3rd and goal, their QB fires it toward the endzone, and his receiver catches it. But my defender nails the guy in the back, and tackles him on the one. The catch was SO CLOSE to being in the endzone. I checked later on the instant replay to see if the ball crossed the plain, and it didn't, but it was close.

So they hurry up to the line. It's 4th down now because they didn't get into the endzone. I'm about to call a timeout so my defense can be ready, but I hesitate. Then, the whistle blows...game over!

Very close game. Indiana looked incredible. And there was a period of time where their QB was Dan Marino and could complete any pass, whether he was getting smashed in the face, or whatever.

Still, a really fun game, and sadly, it wasn't ranked as one of my ESPN Instant Classics.

Here are some pictures from the game:

A 23-yard touchdown pass to K. Smith.

And here is the play where I stopped them right on the goal line, and the game ended while they were scrambling back to the line.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

I also played a Penn State vs Michigan State game that wound up in overtime. I have a few pics, and videos that I should share with you guys.

Coming into the 4th quarter, Penn State (who I was playing as) was down by 14 points. I ended up fighting back, scoring 14 points, and the 4th quarter ended at a deadlock, 24-24.

We went into overtime, and I won the coin toss. Obviously I chose defense first. I held Michigan State well, and they missed the field goal.

When I got my turn on offense, I handed it off to Evan Royster, who gained 12 yards, and got tackled right in the middle of the field. So I set up, and hit the field goal to win the game, 27-24!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Say whaaa?

13's Arena

OVR: 9

Just played two amazing games last night. (Both in my Syracuse dynasty)

The first game, SU @ Washington

Went up 28-14 with about 1:30 to go in the game. They get the ball and just picked apart SU's defense and scored. They went for the onside kick and I managed to recover it. Didn't prove to help too much as they made a huge defensive stand and forced me to punt. With about 30 seconds on the clock, they had no more timeouts after the defensive stand they made, they got the ball back and looked like they weren't going to manage to make it down the field when all the sudden their TE throws a quick block and their WR was gone. They ended up scoring with 9 seconds left on the clock. I wasn't able to convert on my Hail Mary attempt. We went to OT and I scored fairly easily, but was worried about my defense keeping them out of the endzone, seeing as how we just gave them two touchdowns in less than 90 seconds. With the score of 35-28, 3rd and goal from their 14, they hit a wideopen TE sitting in the end zone. BUT, they got called for holding! I accepted it even though I didn't need them getting two shots at my end zone. Next play SU's line just destroyed Washington's and we got an easy sack. Game over. My defense finally redeemed itself from their play at the end of the 4th.

The second game, SU @ USF

Went down 21-0 in the 1st. They got all the breaks, two interceptions by my QB and also a fumble they recovered. Everything went USF's way...However, to start the second, they were punting and my return man pretty much saved my game I guess. He took it all the way to the house. HUGE momentum shift from there on out. After they went up by 21, I scored 31 straight points and held on to win it. Not the best, but one of my best comebacks.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Retired U.S.A.F.

Last edited by 13; 08-18-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

My 6-0 ranked #12 Houston Cougars go into Ford Field to face SMU in a Conference USA matchup.
I expected this could be a shootout but I had no idea.

For the first half both teams put on an aerial clinic and traded TDs. I don't think either of us punted a single time. SMU's receivers were catching alot of passes in open space making my zone defense look silly. The first half ended with me leading 28-27. At the half, Houston had 300 yard in total offense and SMU had 300 yards PASSING. First play of the 3rd Quarter I get a pick six to give me some breathing room. SMU is still moving up and down the field at will but I get some HUGE takeways with another INT and a forced fumble taken back for a TD. By the end of the third quarter I'm comfortably ahead so I pull all my starters because I have a possible BCS bowl bid to think about.

I ended up winning 52-33 but the game was alot closer than the score would indicate. SMU's QB Kyle Padron LIT ME UP for over 500 yards in the air. I've never had a CPU QB do that against me before. The announcers even said "It was just a short while ago that we told you he had 400 yards passing, now he's got 500."

After escaping with a minor scare my Cougars are now 7-0 and ranked as high as #9 in the coaches poll. And QB Case Keenum's performance put him in the lead for Heisman consideration.

Key play of the game -with SMU's impact player free safety closing in this pass had to be perfect with the window being so small. On time, on target and with velocity:

Last edited by speedkills; 08-18-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

I've had a lot of games like that. It's so close, but after a couple of turnovers that I score off of, it looks as if I blew them out.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Another close one I had, was in my Michigan dynasty. I played Boise State on the blue turf. It was a close game all the way through.

They drove down with no time left, and ended up scoring what should have been the game tying touchdown...that is, until they MISSED THE EXTRA POINT! I couldn't believe it.

Final score was: Michigan: 21 Boise State: 20
Old 08-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #8
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Here are pictures from my Penn State vs Michigan State game that I posted about earlier.

You can't stop Evan Royster!

Sack!

The field goal to win the game in overtime, after Royster gained 12 yards, and put it right in the middle of the field for the easy 3 points, and the victory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »