Home

Loving the gameplay after the patch by EA

This is a discussion on Loving the gameplay after the patch by EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Loving the gameplay after the patch by EA

This is what I see happening after the patch and most of these videos are the CPU showing of their skills vs me. I just think tweaking the game is the only problem some people are having to be honest. Not saying everyone should alter sliders but hey you got to do what you got to do in order to get your game on right?

I think EA has done a great job this year with NCAA and i hope they don't ruin it because of few problems people are complaining about that can be fixed with sliders IMO.

CPU RB with that realistic stiff arm at 40 RBA

CPU RB now bouncing the ball outside since running lanes were closed off inside

CPU QB showing the Human like AI to take off and run on me. I've seen this several times now by a CPU QB

Zone coverage by my LB played perfect without me controlling him Pass Coverage slider at 35

CPU WR going down to make the catch on his knee's

Perfect timing route by my WR and QB for a TD looked very realistic in the way the entire play happend. QBA at only 5/WR Catch at only 35

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-22-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Loving the gameplay after the patch by EA

I'm not sure what your play call was on the 4th video (zone coverage), but it looks like Cover 3 zone, which means your LB that made that play was incredibly OUT of position. Look at the massive gap of space on the right side where he was supposed to be, all the QB needs to do is hold the ball a second longer and that is a 15 yard gain. Not to mention that video illustrates perfectly the problem with linebacker pass defense, in this case he went one direction to his right, stopped and slid backwards and to his left and then while still backing up to his left, jumped forward and to his right to knock down a high pass. No locomotion to be found.

That animation in the 5th video has been in for awhile and it is one of the only ways to complete a curl these days, aim low and have your guy go down and get it.

The rest of the videos, especially the last one are pretty cool. I love how the last one developed and looked just like you would expect. Although the DB on the play ran with the WR and ran his route with the receiver, even though he had his back to him the whole time. Oh well.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Those are great videos, weird animation on the running play that was bounced outside, but I like what I saw overall. The AI logic seemed pretty solid to me. But, what about those people who only enjoy playing online? Personally I really want to pick this game up, but I'm not at all interested in SP, and I don't see any regular seasons being run in which sliders could be used. All I see are online dynasties and I personally don't see the purpose of joining a MP league just to play the CPU 90% of the time. So, if you ask me the issues present MUST be fixed and sliders are just not a legitimate option, regardless of whether I play online or not, it's the developers job to program a proper game, not the consumers.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This what I see happening after the patch and most of these videos are the CPU showing of their skills vs me. I just think tweaking the game is the only problem some people are having to be honest. Not saying everyone should alter sliders but hey you got to do what you got to do in order to get your game on right?

I think EA has done a great job this year with NCAA and i hope they don't ruin it because of few problems people are complaining about that can be fixed with sliders IMO.
I like this incarnation of NCAA better than any one previously (and I played NCAA '10 for an entire calendar year) but there are certainly gameplay problems that can't be fixed with sliders, namely the CPU running game. It works for some which is great, but it clearly won't work for others despite hours upon hours upon hours of slider tweaking. I'd guess that the differences between those that can get the CPU to run and those that can't is likely player skill levels/teams their using or something.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I like this incarnation of NCAA better than any one previously (and I played NCAA '10 for an entire calendar year) but there are certainly gameplay problems that can't be fixed with sliders, namely the CPU running game. It works for some which is great, but it clearly won't work for others despite hours upon hours upon hours of slider tweaking. I'd guess that the differences between those that can get the CPU to run and those that can't is likely player skill levels/teams their using or something.
yea i think its messed up on aa only. the cpu will run the hell out the ball on varsity and heisman with sliders. at least i need sliders because i play better than default but many guys don't. hey huskers curls are money on here. try throwing the ball with perfect touch as they make the break. 10 and 15 yards curls are money. the db wont be recovered yet. hard to to get run after catch but curls work great. ace flex rollout curl is one of my favorite plays this year. you cant wait for wr to curl then throw, you have to hit them when they start the curl. very realistic.

hey lakers not sure what you mean by single season with sliders but you can play in alot of OD's where you play mostly humans. besides the cpu is a better opponent than most humans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

The thing is that the passing game is what has taken a hit thanks to the patch, not the running game, thanks to EA tinkinering with QB ACC. and WR Catch in traffic/after contact, making the CATCH IN TRAFFIC rating useless and making passes over the middle(slants, ins) even more ridiculous then they were pre patch, thus hurting the effectivness of cover 2/3 greatly and making conversions on 3rd/2nd down too easy especially for user for any team, no matter the quality of their recievers, QB, or the opposing defense
Old 08-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
yea i think its messed up on aa only. the cpu will run the hell out the ball on varsity and heisman with sliders. at least i need sliders because i play better than default but many guys don't. hey huskers curls are money on here. try throwing the ball with perfect touch as they make the break. 10 and 15 yards curls are money. the db wont be recovered yet. hard to to get run after catch but curls work great. ace flex rollout curl is one of my favorite plays this year. you cant wait for wr to curl then throw, you have to hit them when they start the curl. very realistic.

hey lakers not sure what you mean by single season with sliders but you can play in alot of OD's where you play mostly humans. besides the cpu is a better opponent than most humans.
I know for sure with edited rosters in most cases the CPU at times does play a fair quality game as opposed to a human.

Also tweaking their playbooks kinda like how you would see people doing in NBA 2K11 or Madden 10/11 just adds more realism IMO. One thing i love about varisty level is the fact they (CPU) will stick to their playbook and use the percentages almost spot on to what they are assigned unless they fall behind.

I've had teams run the ball like 5-6 straight plays down my throat before passing.....the other day my Alumni Boston College Team even Dougg Flutie at QB ran the ball with Troy Stradford and William Green like 40+ times it was freaking amazing.

My point is the game has flaws but i hope people don't let those minor flaws run them away from a very good football game this year. It's the best version since NCAA 06 IMO.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This is what I see happening after the patch and most of these videos are the CPU showing of their skills vs me. I just think tweaking the game is the only problem some people are having to be honest. Not saying everyone should alter sliders but hey you got to do what you got to do in order to get your game on right?

CPU RB with that realistic stiff arm at 40 RBA

CPU RB now bouncing the ball outside since running lanes were closed off inside

CPU QB showing the Human like AI to take off and run on me. I've seen this several times now by a CPU QB

Zone coverage by my LB played perfect without me controlling him Pass Coverage slider at 35

CPU WR going down to make the catch on his knee's

Perfect timing route by my WR and QB for a TD looked very realistic in the way the entire play happend. QBA at only 5/WR Catch at only 35
LOL... can post 5 or more videos with stuff that are not that lovely

glad you enjoying the game though.. IMO in game game play was better before 2nd patch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »