Home

Can Game Speed & Threshold Be Used Universaly

This is a discussion on Can Game Speed & Threshold Be Used Universaly within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Can Game Speed & Threshold Be Used Universaly

can one use any given slider set here with any game speed & threshold setting or do those two make a major difference?

I preffer normal game speed however it seems most use slow,also whats the best threshold Im still unclear on how that effects the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Can Game Speed & Threshold Be Used Universaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
can one use any given slider set here with any game speed & threshold setting or do those two make a major difference?

I preffer normal game speed however it seems most use slow,also whats the best threshold Im still unclear on how that effects the game
For your first question. I would say that most slider sets are played at their best with the threshold the person has given. It does make a pretty big impact on how the game plays out. You could always try changing them around while testing, but the safest bet is using what the person put out there.

For your second question, it's all up to how you want the game to feel. From my understanding, if the threshold is at 0, it makes a bigger differential in the players speeds. This means that a player with 99 speed will be A LOT faster than a player with 75 speed. The higher you go with the threshold, the speed margin becomes less and less. I use a threshold at 65 in my slider set because I wanted less big plays, but I still wanted the fast players to seem fast during the game. In the end, it really comes down to what you want the game to feel like. Hopefully that helped.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yes it helped.

I just can't seem to find the right set

my biggest issue thus far is user controlled pass rush
seems impossible to get to the qb in M11.

I have tried every thing with no luck
Old 08-23-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Yea getting pressure on the qb isn't easy this year. In my slider set I can get around 2-3 sacks per game, but I don't control the line myself. I'll usually sack the qb when my coverage is great, and he doesn't have anywhere to throw it. I wish there was legitimate pressure and the qb wouldn't want to throw the ball away instead of taking a sack, but you just have to stick with it for now.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:16 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

My recommendation for the threshold setting is 64. I found it to be perfect in Madden 10, and that still holds true for Madden 11.

Not seeing any huge plays really out of anybody that shouldn't be getting em (Chris Johnson, Mike Wallace, Adrian Peterson, etc... your super speedsters basically). And even when I see em, with the exception of Chris Johnson, usually a couple of the players on the field have a chance to do something about the play before it winds up being 6, unless of course its as a result of completely blown coverage.

That's dead on realistic imo... the only defensive player that could MAYBE catch Johnson imo is Ike Taylor, and quite frankly he's never paying enough attention to do so. Not to mention, that only applies to real life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #6
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Chaos
My recommendation for the threshold setting is 64. I found it to be perfect in Madden 10, and that still holds true for Madden 11.

Not seeing any huge plays really out of anybody that shouldn't be getting em (Chris Johnson, Mike Wallace, Adrian Peterson, etc... your super speedsters basically). And even when I see em, with the exception of Chris Johnson, usually a couple of the players on the field have a chance to do something about the play before it winds up being 6, unless of course its as a result of completely blown coverage.

That's dead on realistic imo... the only defensive player that could MAYBE catch Johnson imo is Ike Taylor, and quite frankly he's never paying enough attention to do so. Not to mention, that only applies to real life
100 threshold is stopwatch speeds, and I'm absolutely positive. Playing as much as I have at 100 threshold, I'll also tell you that people are not unrealistically caught from behind... They run what they are supposed to run at normal/100. Not to say your setting may not be perfect for you, but this is what I've found from a ludicrous amount of testing.

EDIT: when I say I'm "absolutely positive" I know this from doing a LOT of 40 yard testing and from knowing other posters and people in the overall Madden community who have done the same. Its stopwatch speeds. As far as people not getting caught from behind, an example is Jahvid Best. He's got a 95 speed, and you can take it to the bank that if I get the corner, I'm gone.

Last edited by pokerplaya; 08-23-2010 at 03:38 AM. Reason: explanation...
Old 08-23-2010, 03:43 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

And that would be great if all (or even most) of Madden's speed ratings were accurate, but since their not I don't prefer either the 0 or 100 methods personally.

With that said, I have no clue how you manage to not get caught from behind using someone with a mere 95 speed... Must have been Vs some slow safeties over the top, or a slow secondary.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:45 AM   #8
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Chaos
And that would be great if all (or even most) of Madden's speed ratings were accurate, but since their not I don't prefer either the 0 or 100 methods personally.

With that said, I have no clue how you manage to not get caught from behind using someone with a mere 95 speed... Must have been Vs some slow safeties over the top, or a slow secondary.
I have several videos I could post if you'd like. I've had the CPU return a fumble some 90 yards with Antwan Odom who is only like an 89 speed for example! Best has had QUITE a few breakaway runs for me, I couldn't imagine playing with a CJ!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »