Home

Idea for Madden Team: FG Kicking

This is a discussion on Idea for Madden Team: FG Kicking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Idea for Madden Team: FG Kicking

How about making the Kick Meter increase in speed the farther the field goal is? For example, a 20-29 yarder is relatively slow while a 50-59 yarder is pretty fast...field goals are still too easy the way they are now imo and this would maybe add to the degree of difficulty, especially as the kicks range farther back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Idea for Madden Team: FG Kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike291md
How about making the Kick Meter increase in speed the farther the field goal is? For example, a 20-29 yarder is relatively slow while a 50-59 yarder is pretty fast...field goals are still too easy the way they are now imo and this would maybe add to the degree of difficulty, especially as the kicks range farther back.
I'd take that, but I really wished Tiburon would have implemented the right stick for field goals and punts. Push back the stick to power up, push up to follow through and aim. But then again, Madden isn't being made for purists any more, but to those that are new to the game.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaChargas
I'd take that, but I really wished Tiburon would have implemented the right stick for field goals and punts. Push back the stick to power up, push up to follow through and aim. But then again, Madden isn't being made for purists any more, but to those that are new to the game.
thats how it was for the longest time....anyway. the whole fast kick meter would be great, but it would be a B*TCH in a laggy online game. and thats why they would never do it. its AWFUL as it is if you get someone with a terrible connection. but when you get bad connection it takes skill so...
Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

If they were going to bring back the button press kicking meter of old, which I have no problem with, they should have brought it all the way back.

The way the OP describes the kicking meter mechanic he wants, is how it basically used to be. The more powerful the kick, the faster the bar would move on the way back for accuracy. That is the missing ingredient.

It makes it more realistic, as the harder that the kicker kicks the ball, the harder for him to control where it goes. It also makes it more challenging.

I know that many people want the right stick kick controls back, but I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't find that to be difficult AT ALL. I missed about as many kicks with the right stick as I do with Madden 11's kicking meter, which is to say, pretty much never.

There is nothing inherently wrong with having a meter for kicking. It worked fine before, and it works fine in other sports games, like Baseball where you have have pitching meters. The problem is that, unlike the old kicking meter, or the pitching meters, there is no penalty or added difficulty for kicking the ball or throwing a pitch, at max power.

That is what is wrong with the kicking meter, but there is nothing wrong with having a button press kicking meter, in and of itself.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike291md
How about we ditch the kicking meter all together and stop catering to the Noobs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal093
thats how it was for the longest time....anyway. the whole fast kick meter would be great, but it would be a B*TCH in a laggy online game. and thats why they would never do it. its AWFUL as it is if you get someone with a terrible connection. but when you get bad connection it takes skill so...
Good point, yeah with all the lag online it would likely be hard to implement for online games. Although I know it sounds crazy because I hate lag too, the one time I enjoy kicking now is online b/c the lag makes it challenging, as well as frustrating, but at least kicking is not so automatic

In my offline 'chise I have Garret Hartley as my kicker in my second year. I know he's good and all, but I'm busting 58 yarders like they are 20 yarders, just not very challenging.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

All Madden has to do from last years kicking meter is change the camera angle. They should bring the camera right behind where the holder would place the ball.

What they really should do for the kicking game is add a bend effect to the kicks. Real field goal kicks have you guessing whether it's going in or not; it would look a lot better.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
If they were going to bring back the button press kicking meter of old, which I have no problem with, they should have brought it all the way back.

The way the OP describes the kicking meter mechanic he wants, is how it basically used to be. The more powerful the kick, the faster the bar would move on the way back for accuracy. That is the missing ingredient.

It makes it more realistic, as the harder that the kicker kicks the ball, the harder for him to control where it goes. It also makes it more challenging.

I know that many people want the right stick kick controls back, but I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't find that to be difficult AT ALL. I missed about as many kicks with the right stick as I do with Madden 11's kicking meter, which is to say, pretty much never.

There is nothing inherently wrong with having a meter for kicking. It worked fine before, and it works fine in other sports games, like Baseball where you have have pitching meters. The problem is that, unlike the old kicking meter, or the pitching meters, there is no penalty or added difficulty for kicking the ball or throwing a pitch, at max power.

That is what is wrong with the kicking meter, but there is nothing wrong with having a button press kicking meter, in and of itself.
^^ Agreed. I too got used to using the right stick so much that I rarely ever missed kicks as well. The only time I had trouble kicking, with the right stick and the kick meter, has been online when the lag interferes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »