Home

Young phenom in first year draft

This is a discussion on Young phenom in first year draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Young phenom in first year draft

I completed my first year with the 49ers, and lost in NFC champ game to Falcons. So there had been a couple key positions I was targeting in the off season. LB, CB specifically.

This one guy stuck out to me ahead of all others. He was a 5'9 245 OLB, with a 4.34 40, great tackling, catch, agility, str, mcv, press, etc. He had all the tools. So I drafted him, and he was a 75 with A potential after signing. I was kinda surprised by this by seeing how well rounded he was in every category.

I was really looking for a fast nickel CB because I was tired of getting beat for 60, 70, 80 yard plays in the secondary every game last year. So after playing around and seeing what he rates in different positions, I see hes an 89 at SS, 86 FS, 76 CB.

Im debating putting him at CB for this year (really thin), and then moving him back to LB next year. My concern is will it screw with his potential and future progression? What do you guys think?

this is my first madden in 3 years, so im unaware how some of these things work now.

Thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Young phenom in first year draft

If I was going to move him anywhere it would be to FS or SS. But it sounds like this guy is a pretty good fit for a 3-4 defense. If it was me I'd start your rookie in front of Haralson. Then I would sign a decent CB to a short term deal through free agency.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 08-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
ink
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox2445
I completed my first year with the 49ers, and lost in NFC champ game to Falcons. So there had been a couple key positions I was targeting in the off season. LB, CB specifically.

This one guy stuck out to me ahead of all others. He was a 5'9 245 OLB, with a 4.34 40, great tackling, catch, agility, str, mcv, press, etc. He had all the tools. So I drafted him, and he was a 75 with A potential after signing. I was kinda surprised by this by seeing how well rounded he was in every category.

I was really looking for a fast nickel CB because I was tired of getting beat for 60, 70, 80 yard plays in the secondary every game last year. So after playing around and seeing what he rates in different positions, I see hes an 89 at SS, 86 FS, 76 CB.

Im debating putting him at CB for this year (really thin), and then moving him back to LB next year. My concern is will it screw with his potential and future progression? What do you guys think?

this is my first madden in 3 years, so im unaware how some of these things work now.

Thanks guys
Judging by the research I did earlier today regarding draft classes and potentials, I can guess that he'd have a good chance of being in the top tier (96-98 ovr) if you moved him to SS, probably between 92-95 range at FS. At 75 ovr with an A rating, my guess is 88-89 at the most for his LB position. I just simmed 14 seasons while paying specific attention to the player ratings of new rookies concerning what OVR rating they came into the league with and what their peak was. I think the average I came out with is to add + 12 pts at their peak level from the rating they came in with, and that's best case scenario.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Wow thats pretty depressing to think that such a good well rounded player at 21 will only improve to a 88 or so at his true position. He already seems to have all the tools to be dominant at that position, yet the overall rating is the only one that is truly lacking. I put him at FS for now (88), because that is where the current need is for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »