Home

There will be an NHL 2K12 (360 & PS3) - Per Take-Two CEO Ben Feder....

This is a discussion on There will be an NHL 2K12 (360 & PS3) - Per Take-Two CEO Ben Feder.... within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Thumbs up There will be an NHL 2K12 (360 & PS3) - Per Take-Two CEO Ben Feder....

http://www.giantbomb.com/nhl-2k11/61-30340/

Quote:
(giantbomb)

360 and PS3 Development

The development teams working on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 NHL 2K games were given an extra year to develop a product to better compete with EA's hugely successful NHL franchise, which has dominated 2K's efforts in the current generation of consoles in both sales and critical reception. Take-Two CEO Ben Feder has indicated that there will be an NHL 2K12 for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to be released in 2011.

Wooooooooooooooooo!!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: There will be an NHL 2K12 (360 & PS3) - Per Take-Two CEO Ben Feder....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Unless it has a new engine and isn't reusing the same broken AI the past 3 years have used what difference will an "extra year" mean?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #3

Fiddy's Arena

i dont care honestly. i hate having just one hockey game on the 360.

i enjoyed 2k10 almost as much as 2k8. it plays a solid game for me with the correct settings etc. 2k11 on the wii plays an awesome game of hockey, again to me..

so, im pumped that there is gonna be a 2k12 on the major consoles so to speak. hopefully they fix the stuff that has plagued the game for years for some and beef up the presentation. fix the obvious gameplay problems etc. give us more customization over the players and make it easier to adjust rosters with maybe a pc editor via Finn.

they not that far off from where they used to be IMO, its just a matter of finding that stride i guess.

but like i said, i dont care, im glad we will have 2 hockey options again next year. bc both games have big time issues, so when i get sick of one i go play the other. pretty simple.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
i dont care honestly. i hate having just one hockey game on the 360.

i enjoyed 2k10 almost as much as 2k8. it plays a solid game for me with the correct settings etc. 2k11 on the wii plays an awesome game of hockey, again to me..

so, im pumped that there is gonna be a 2k12 on the major consoles so to speak. hopefully they fix the stuff that has plagued the game for years for some and beef up the presentation. fix the obvious gameplay problems etc. give us more customization over the players and make it easier to adjust rosters with maybe a pc editor via Finn.

they not that far off from where they used to be IMO, its just a matter of finding that stride i guess.

but like i said, i dont care, im glad we will have 2 hockey options again next year. bc both games have big time issues, so when i get sick of one i go play the other. pretty simple.
Don't get me wrong having two hockey games is great, but for me, until the game actually plays well, I just don't really feel 2k deserves any more cash from me. And every video I've seen so far of 2k11, looks like 2k10, except defensemen don't seem to get stuck as much. Yay I guess.

I guess I just don't have very much faith that they can go back to their roots and actually give EA a run for it. I'd like to be proven wrong though. 2k3 and 2k5 still hold a special place for me, so if they can somehow get back to that point I'd be all for it.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #5

Fiddy's Arena

i got in the mindset about a year or two ago to just play the game. just play the game and have fun, stop worrying about the issues. adjust the game to my liking with help from others slider sets or my own and just play. sure, the issues get annoying at times and i def use the forums to vent about them, but in the end i just play the game and have fun.

as for 2k11 being the same, pretty much. just some of the issues were taken care of i guess. i have played some very entertaining games past few days vs the Flyers and Bruins. good times.

honestly, im glad it was just on the Wii this year lol.. it made me realize that my ps3 sucked and got no love except for the show. so i sold it and got back a Wii (sold my old one 4 months ago) and this system has been on more than off lol. old lady loving that we got it back, she been playing the heck out of the sports and resort games. the new super mario brothers just came from gamefly.. good times with the Wii here, not so much for the ps3 lol.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
i got in the mindset about a year or two ago to just play the game. just play the game and have fun, stop worrying about the issues. adjust the game to my liking with help from others slider sets or my own and just play. sure, the issues get annoying at times and i def use the forums to vent about them, but in the end i just play the game and have fun.

as for 2k11 being the same, pretty much. just some of the issues were taken care of i guess. i have played some very entertaining games past few days vs the Flyers and Bruins. good times.

honestly, im glad it was just on the Wii this year lol.. it made me realize that my ps3 sucked and got no love except for the show. so i sold it and got back a Wii (sold my old one 4 months ago) and this system has been on more than off lol. old lady loving that we got it back, she been playing the heck out of the sports and resort games. the new super mario brothers just came from gamefly.. good times with the Wii here, not so much for the ps3 lol.
Eh I suppose if watching goalies dive head first on what should be simple saves and trying to poke check every 2 seconds only to give up easy goals is fun, more power to you I guess.

I guess if you're having fun thats what's important. For me personally they would have to put alot of effort into making the game play alot more like EA's with the proper slider adjustments for me to enjoy it. After using skill stick the last few years there's really no going back to canned dekes and goaltenders that couldn't stop a beachball never mind a tiny puck.

That being said, I truly do hope taking a year off does the series some good, it would be nice to be able to actually enjoy 2k's brand of hockey again.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

I hope they come back with a vengeance and some awesome NHL Today presentation.

Good luck, 2K.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #8

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Eh I suppose if watching goalies dive head first on what should be simple saves and trying to poke check every 2 seconds only to give up easy goals is fun, more power to you I guess.
see, even last year i didnt notice this all that much. i know its there, but i just dont notice it. i must just play a way that doesnt exploit them to do that? who knows..

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »