Home

Did anyone buy the SI/Madden 11 deal?

This is a discussion on Did anyone buy the SI/Madden 11 deal? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Did anyone buy the SI/Madden 11 deal?

I ended up signing up for the package - I had a trial of SI that was going to run out, and wasn't planning on outright buying Madden this year, but I figured since I was going to buy a subscription to SI anyway, might as well get the M11 deal.

After some searching on the net, turns out this deal may be not as great as it supposed to be. I remember reading the fine print - 4-6 weeks delivery for the game. Not that I'm in any rush to get M11 this year, but really? 6 weeks to ship a game?

Has anyone on here signed up for the SI/Madden 11 deal and have you gotten your game yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Did anyone buy the SI/Madden 11 deal?

No. I normally get my Madden a few days early. Why wait 4 - 6 wks when they should just send you a coupon to get the game at Gamestop or Walmart? SMH!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

There's a few threads on this, but I'm leavin' it open because I already searched for the thing and couldn't find it!
Old 09-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

I happen to see this deal a few days before fathers day. My dads SI subscription had ran out a while back and the Madden was obviously a plus.

FWIW, I ordered it 3 days before fathers day (the 20th?). He received his first magazine maybe the next week and I got my Madden 11 this past Saturday (4th). I wasn't in a real big hurry as I have been playing NCAA anyway, the wait really wasn't as bad as they say.

As you said, they state 4-6 weeks. Mine only took 2 since it says shipping would not start until the 24th of August.

Hope this helps, Pretty nice deal.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

kevin - that's exactly what I was wondering. You placed your order in June and just got your game. I put my order in the first week of August, so I must be far down on the list. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't see anything before the end of the month. I just wanted to try to get an idea of when orders were placed and when people got the game.

And goldrush you're right - they should just send you a coupon with your first magazine so you can go get the game anywhere - I say anywhere because where I live, the closest walmart is 100 miles away, and I think the closest game stop is in the next state !! But as I said, I wasn't planning on outright buying Madden this year, but when I decided to pay for SI, I figured I'd get the "deal".

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

Wow, I totally messed up. I got it for his birthday on the August 15th.

So basically if you ordered it in August, you should have it soon. I placed my order around the August 10th and got the game Sept. 4th.

I apologize for the mix up before. Hope this helps.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:47 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

It comes sealed doesn't it? Because I'm thinking of going to walmart and buying a copy to play until my game comes (ordered it a week ago), then returning the unopened copy to the store
Old 09-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

Yes, Mine was sealed when I received it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »