Home

Bad Officiating. Missed Field Goal Good.

This is a discussion on Bad Officiating. Missed Field Goal Good. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

OVR: 4
Bad Officiating. Missed Field Goal Good.

So, I have an awful kicker right now, who's inaccuracy and power is really costing me points. I have missed 2 field goals this game already, both barely out of my range, but I just had a 26 yarder from the right hash, and I knew I missed it barely wide right, but the crew called it good. In my shock, I went to the reply, and I did indeed miss wide right. Kind of strange. I took a photo of it, and will probably add it here later... but it's just weird ha. Never had a call like that before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
Rookie

isd71's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Bad Officiating. Missed Field Goal Good.

I haven't seen too many of those calls but I know of one. In a dynasty game I had a kick clip (aka go through) the middle bar of the goal post and it counted. For some reason the bar didn't cause the ball to bounce off but instead let it go through, which I am sure triggered the good call.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I actually experienced the opposite. A CPU kicker made a kick just inside the left goal post and they called it no good. The first time I've ever seen that.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by isd71
I haven't seen too many of those calls but I know of one. In a dynasty game I had a kick clip (aka go through) the middle bar of the goal post and it counted. For some reason the bar didn't cause the ball to bounce off but instead let it go through, which I am sure triggered the good call.
I've had a few balls go right through the bar and they were called no good. lol. Weird.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

NCAA Football 11 Photo

There was no clipping at all... Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

I have had one called good that clearly went through the upright. Not off it, not over it, not around it, literally through the upright. I mean, I'll take it but I'm pretty sure those are made of aluminum, not holographic images like in Star Wars.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
Rookie

I had one called good that went through the crossbar as well. If anything the majority of the ball was under the bar. But I was happy enough to take my 3 points. Kind of weird that this happens though, you'd think this would be one of the simplest things to program.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

I like what the OP describes. I'm glad that the refs aren't robots who always make the right calls. I'm not talking about the ball going through the uprights stuff either. I'm talking about the ball going barely wide and the refs call it a FG when it should be a miss and vice versa. It would suck though if they missed called one of your good FGs, but hey that can happen in real life. I wonder if these would be eligible for a coaches challenge?

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »