Home

Has anybody ever won the Heisman in Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Has anybody ever won the Heisman in Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Has anybody ever won the Heisman in Dynasty?

So I'm in my 8th year of Dynasty, and yet again, for probably the 5th year out of 8, my top RB gets snubbed for the Heisman. I know that this is sort of realistic, that players get snubbed for the heisman a lot, but my players stats are so far and wide better than the guys who win it... we're talking like 39 total TDs versus 17 total TDs, 1800 yards from scrimmage versus 1300 (not to mention, in the final game of the season, my senior RB set the NCAA record for career yards and obliterated the career TD record). My player will then go onto win every other major award, player of the year, offensive player of the year, RB of the year, etc., but can't nab the heisman.

I first thought, early in Dynasty, it was because I was a small, non-major (team builder) school and didn't have much TV time, plus I was playing a cupcake schedule. But, now, I'm a six-star powerhouse who's been in the top 5 every season for several years, national title contender each year (though not winning it every year)...

So I've gotta ask, who has similar stories? Seems like my player will be #1 or #2 for the last few weeks and then in the final week, the 2nd or 3rd place guy will jump over him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Has anybody ever won the Heisman in Dynasty?

yea won the Heisman with my QB in my Duke Dynasty in the 10th yr.He was actually down in the last week,had a monster game vs Lsu and won the award.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

I won it with my QB as Arkansas in year 5.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

I won it pretty often with Tech (played with them for 9 years) playing 7 minute quarters. It was pretty easy putting up enough numbers to put my QB on the top of the list, if not the WR.

With Army (started with D- players) I almost won it in my 8th year. Both my QB and WR were in the top 4 but then within two games both were injured for the season. Probably would have won it the 9th year with the QB but I simmed through most of the games and played 3-4 min quarters on the rest so that I could finish up the year and move on to another school.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I won it my first year in dynasty with Oklahoma WR Ryan Broyles. Playing on Heisman and 7 minute quarters
NFL : RAMS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Winning the heisman is easy, you just got to be diversed. For example:

With a QB - throw for over 4,000 yards, more TDs then Ints and have 300 rushing yards or more = guranteed heisman

With a RB - have a lot of rushing yards and receiving yards = guranteed heisman.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah I think that my issue with my RBs have been that they've mostly been one dimensional: I run and score TDs with them but do not get many receiving yards. I had 2000+ yards rushing and 39 rushing TDs in one season (crushing any rushing records for a single year) and got snubbed, was first place for almost the entire season as well, only to see in the final week get second. I've finished second for the heisman 5 times, I believe, so I just wrote it off as like impossible.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

I had two receivers win it in back to back years. But it's because not only did I pass it to them a lot (using formation subs to get them to the spots that I wanted), but I used them to run out of slot a lot, too. This was using Louisville, by the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »