Home

Check out my Tampa Bay Bucs dynasty!

This is a discussion on Check out my Tampa Bay Bucs dynasty! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Check out my Tampa Bay Bucs dynasty!

QB- Mark Huckabee 87 OVR, 87 POT
HB- Martin Lawrence 85 OVR, 85 POT
FB- Oliver Hoyte 76 OVR, 76 POT
WR- Vincent Jackson 84 OVR, 84 POT
WR- Travis Shade 80 OVR, 87 POT (rookie)
TE- Dustin Keller 77 OVR, 79 POT
LT- Donald Penn 81 OVR, 81 POT
LG- Arron Sears 88 OVR, 88 POT
C- Nick Hardwick 92 OVR, 92 POT
RG- Davin Joseph 91 OVR, 91 POT
RT- Marcus McNeill 96 OVR, 96 POT
LE- Phillip Coen 82 OVR, 84 POT
RE- Mario Williams 93 OVR, 93 POT
DT- Amobi Okoye 91 OVR, 91 POT
DT- Dwayne Clinton 82 OVR, 86 POT
LOLB- Jordan Dixon 80 OVR, 81 POT
MLB- Martin Taylor 75 OVR, 76 POT
ROLB- Manny Lawson 78 OVR, 80 POT
CB- Omar Stone 88 OVR, 91 POT
CB- Aqib Talib 80 OVR, 80 POT
FS- Tanard Jackson 89 OVR, 90 POT
SS- Tyrone Mosely 76 OVR, 77 POT (rookie)
K-Dontavious Banks 78 OVR, 79 POT
P- Travis Holland 68 OVR, 70 POT

Just entering the off-season after winning a 4th super bowl.
List of Pro Bowlers
QB M. Huckabee
HB M. Lawrence
FB O. Hoyte
WR V. Jackson
TE D. Keller
Everyone of my starting OL
DE M. Williams
DE P. Coen
DT A,. Okoye
DT D. Clinton
LB J. Dixon
LB M. Taylor
CB O. Stone
CB A. Talib
CB B. Flowers (he plays slot even though he's better than Talib)
S T. Jackson
S T. Moseley
K D. Banks
P. T. Holland

Year 1
Record: 13-3
Offense Rank: 21
Defense Rank: 1
Team MVP: MLB Adalius Thomas [99 tackles, 9 INT, 3 sacks, 4 FF]
Playoff Result: Superbowl Victory vs. IND 21-13
Overview: Defense was key this season. Defensive Player of the Year recipient, Adalius Thomas, conducted a highly productive defensive unit. This was what I call "quality D". Adalius Thomas, Ronde Barber, Chris McAlister...42 interceptions on the season. Damn...

Year 2
Record: 15-1
Offense Rank: 25
Team MVP: Adalius Thomas [106 tackles, 6 INT, 4 sacks, 8 FF]
Playoff Result: Superbowl Loss vs. NE 42-9
Overview: How does our offense get worse but our team does better? One thing: "Super" Mario Williams. We STOLE Mario and Amobi from the Texans in one of the dumbest deals ever accepted by a team, bolstering our defensive line. Mario recorded 15 sacks and 5 forced fumbles, 2 returned for a TD. But in the end, Adalius earned team MVP, capturing another Defensive Player of the Year award. Unfortunately, them Patriots (or should I say Randy Moss) exposed our team after CB Ronde Barber went down due to injury in the NFC Championship Game.

Year 3
Record: 9-7
Offense Rank: 19
Defense Rank: 7
Team MVP: Ronde Barber [46 tackles, 10 INT, 2 sacks, 3 FF, 4 TD]
Playoff Result: N/A
Overview: The injury bug bit us this year and it got us bad. Adalius, for once, did not win DPOY as it went to the Giants' Ken Lucas. Vince Young, acquired in the prior off-season, had a season similar to Michael Vick's 2006 season. Barber, despite his age, had a year to remember but he was cheated out of DPOY and Best DB. For the first time since I took over, we failed to make the playoffs, finishing 3rd in the division behind the Saints and Falcons.

Year 4
Record: 13-3
Offense Rank: 9
Team MVP: Guess who...[100 tackles, 5 INT, 5 sacks, 5 FF]
Playoff Result: NFC Divisional Playoffs loss vs. SF (35-14)
Overview: Back where we started. We acquired a run game this offseason via the NFL Draft. Martin Lawrence. Ahh....Martin had a good year and showed he was an upgrade from Felix Jones (yes, I had that bum on my team). Martin was a steal but our "WR of the future" was...not worth it, to be quite honest. Aundray Bender. When I signed him to that GIGANTIC 100-million dollar contract, I expected the next Randy Moss. What I got was a 26-year-old rookie with 99 speed and that's about it. Raw receiving skills (route running, release, etc). I was tempted to just release him but I thought it'd be best to play out his contract. We've never had much of a receiving game anyways, we could use all the help we could get. Our defense was back on top. Ronde gave us the news. He would retire at the end of the season. Damn. On a different note, oldhead Adalius Thomas showed the league he still had it, clinching yet another DPOY award. We did good but in the playoffs, the team choked...not the offense...the defense. How we lost 35-14 to the San Francisco 49ers, the NFL may never know.

Year 5
Record: 16-0
Offense Rank: 3
Team MVP: Omar Stone [23 tackles, 11 INT, 3 FF, 4 TD]
Playoff Result: Superbowl Victory vs. NE (56-0 PWNED)
Overview: Perfect season. After Ronde Barber's retirment, I drafted CB Omar Stone in the Draft. mainly because he was being compared to Ronde Barber himself. By this time, Aqib Talib was ready to take on a starting job and he did very well himself. Don't worry...Adalius is still around. He didn't win DPOY but he still had a beast season. I was just very impressed that a rookie had the year that Omar had. Very impressive overall.

What do you think?

Last edited by TheNextMVP; 09-14-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: add more to it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Check out my Tampa Bay Bucs dynasty!

thats pretty nice, just a couple of questions

1. Did u create your own coach, or stick with Gurden
2. How much did it cost you to get all those players, give up many picks for them?
3. What playbooks were you using
Old 09-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathyT
thats pretty nice, just a couple of questions

1. Did u create your own coach, or stick with Gurden
2. How much did it cost you to get all those players, give up many picks for them?
3. What playbooks were you using
1. I created my HS football coach
2. My cap room right now is minuscule. Less than 1 mil. In all honstly, a lot of it was just progression. My whole OL is a result of progression. Guys like Talib, T. Jackson, Clinton...progression. Other than that, I'm a BIG spender. I go for team needs with a mix of best avaliable players. I've had some problems with cap room but I almost always recover.
3. I kept the default playbooks, Gruden West Coast and Tampa 2. I added a lot of passing plays to the playbook and it's really effective. I added some man coverage plays and more blitz plays to the Tampa 2 scheme. I found that Tampa 2 w/ my new plays can turn just about any OLB into a pro-bowler. Guys like Geno Hayes, Landon Johnson, Jordan Dixon, & Cato June, have been pro-bowl players while they were on my team. Landon left just this past season. Well, he didn't leave...I refused to re-sign him.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
Rookie

lol i imagine your cap would be tighter then a nun :P

its a pretty nice dynasty you got going, how did you go stopping the colts and pats, i always struggle against them (rly just brady and manning)
Old 09-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathyT
lol i imagine your cap would be tighter then a nun :P

its a pretty nice dynasty you got going, how did you go stopping the colts and pats, i always struggle against them (rly just brady and manning)
Indy and New England changed...they really did. There's no more Brady & Moss (both retired). Vince Wilfork isn't a Pat anymore and he was replaced by Jay Ratliff. They have a horrid secondary. New England got hit big when they lost Tom Terrific. Indy downgraded a lot too. Peyton Manning was CUT from the Colts and now they have Kolb starting (although he is rated higher than Manning at this point, Manning is still more reliable). Joseph Addai is out and Lito Bushrod is in (and he's not very good). There's no Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez, or Dallas Clark and now all they really have is LJ Smith to throw to. Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, and Raheem Brock are all gone. Kelvin Hayden's gone.

While I've been improving, they've been downgrading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Looks like you've had a really stout defense, do you play every game/call your own plays? And what, have you done to stop the pass vs good/elite offense's? I've had great corners and good linebackers but I still get picked apart in the passing game.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
Looks like you've had a really stout defense, do you play every game/call your own plays? And what, have you done to stop the pass vs good/elite offense's? I've had great corners and good linebackers but I still get picked apart in the passing game.
I give a lot of credit to my OLBs. I don't get much pressure on the QB because I'm almost always in some kind of Cover 2 scheme but I added some man blitzes and zone blitzes so my playcalling wasn't so predictable (I've played every game on adjusted sliders for realism). Establishing a run game on this defense is damn there impossible. Excellent pursuit attributes and lots of athleticism. So play action is thrown out the window. I also get A LOT of interceptions. I have the INT slider down to 20 but guys like Tanard Jackson, Omar Stone, and Aqib Talib always pick off passes well. Back when I had Ronde Barber and Adalius Thomas, they were pretty much premier ballhawks. My OLBs always produce like crazy. Not too sure why, maybe it's just another advantage of running a Tampa 2 defense.

I used to get my D picked apart by the Giants though and sometimes the Pats (or Randy Moss I should say)

My defense owns
Old 09-21-2010, 04:11 AM   #8
Rookie

how did you go about stopping the elite teams, i can never stop brady manning, (both mannings lol)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »