Home

Offensive and Defensive mismatches - This is something that needs to change!

This is a discussion on Offensive and Defensive mismatches - This is something that needs to change! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Offensive and Defensive mismatches - This is something that needs to change!

You hear about mismatches in the NFL all the time. Corners on TE's, LB's trying to cover WR's, mismatches are usually exposed by the offense and the defense pays big.

This isn't always the case in Madden, and it needs to change. Mainly when it comes to running the ball. If I call a play from a 2 TE 2 RB formation, and the defense comes out in Nickel 1, I should be able to bulldoze my way right through them for AT LEAST an 8 yard gain.

At the same time, if you come out in 5 wide and find the defense in a 3-4, there should be a clear cut mismatch. If it's man coverage, you'll probably find somebody open. But I feel there isn't much of a difference between a 3-4 cover 3 and a nickel cover 3. There are differences in the zones and amount of pass rushers, but the LB's play just as good in zone as the CB's do. So why would I ever come out in Nickel if I can play the pass just as good from a 3-4 zone?

When there is a mismatch, the players should be highlighted so that it's seen by both the offense and defense. The WR should get an extra boost when going up against a LB whose not every good in coverage, or if you come out in double tights and they're in a nickel 1, the offensive line should get an extra boost and absolutely demolish the CB's in the box on a running play...... something to that effect.

Ultimately, in the play calling screen, if you see the offense come out with 3 WR's, you should should call a nickel play, 4 WR's...a dime play. Same goes where if you see 2 WR's 1 TE and 2 RB's, a 3-4 or a 4-3 should be called. As of right now, there aren't any clear cut advantages/disadvantages to the defense or offense when there are mismatches.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »