Home

Why does Madden 11 hate sacks?

This is a discussion on Why does Madden 11 hate sacks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Why does Madden 11 hate sacks?

I apologize if this topic has been beaten to death, but why can I not get sacks on this game?

It is especially frustrating because the game is playing so well other than this fact. I have used multiple sliders but soon realized they are not the issue.

The issue is that every QB has a sickening 6th sense. A QB can never be sacked because they always release the ball into the ground every time they get hit or just fire it away. This is fine, to an extent.

I have tried pass rushing both with and without the turbo button. With turbo, my guy gets there just fine but the QB becomes robotic and just tears me up. WIthout turbo I can get there after a while, but the QB either throws it away or makes a really bad pass.This is with playmakers sliders.

Is this something EA has addressed? Am I the only person experiencing this and if so, what are some tips?

I just want my defensive players to actually record a sack for once and not just force bad passes into the ground when they hit the QB..
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Why does Madden 11 hate sacks?

i agree, takes a little bit of the fun out of playing D.

as far as tips, the most obvious one would be to blitz more. Also from what I noticed, most of the sacks I get come from bringing pressure from the qb's blind side.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Sacks don't happen that much IRL either... Often QBs throw the ball away at the last minute so I think it's one aspect the developers got right.

Anyway, yes you can get sacks. I get sacks with the Seattle DL. Generally it's when the CPU runs a deep pass, the QB will look for an open receiver. If they're not, and if you have a fast DL with high black shedding, you'll get sacks.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

well in tghe case odf madden just call the right defense i get alot of sacks you jsut have to have the best defensive call dont always blitz?? know your team and its personality and its tendencies and of course the players
if you have strong defensive ends lol dont play 3 man fronts and blitz on the ens all the time put the defensive line in pass mode? play good coverage try blitzing a linbacker up the middle or move him aboopv eone of the ends have him blitz straight ahead the line will pick on eup but wihter your de or lb will get the sack or the qb will flush on the other side to get crushed by your other de or the DL i control the DL and lbs most of the time deopeneding on the situation so gettng sacks isnt hard jsut from the peole you want to get them
what defensive playbook do you use i preer pitsburghs or the jets or ravens i like the dolphins too cause i like the dime flat defensinves cowbows defense isnt bad either. also adjust your coach optiosn but this is thrown all out the window if you are playing onlineagainst a a rl opponemt since peolle are totally unprefdictable lol good luck easy gettng sacks in franchise and against normal folks that play normal but never blitz all the tme yu will get burneds unless you playing one of those weak offensiv lines lol ok
Old 09-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

I've played 3 games since the patch and it seems like they fixed this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I originally had problems getting to the qb, but either I got better at it or the fact that I lowered the CPU's break tackle slider. Try it and see if it works.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:42 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

i'm top 5 in sacks in each.

Had 5 sacks in a game twice by two different people. Half of them manual.

Its just the sliders.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:30 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
Sacks don't happen that much IRL either... Often QBs throw the ball away at the last minute so I think it's one aspect the developers got right.
Not saying you're wrong but the truth is QBs in Madden don't react to pressure realistically at all. They just sit in the pocket and throw the ball up to avoid the sack when the pass blocking breaks down. But what is see in the NFL is QBs scrambling around either buying time to make a play, get outside of the box to throw the ball away, or try and rush up field.

I will say that if the QBs in Madden just tucked the ball and took the sack I'd probably have my entire D-Line finish the season with 20+ sacks... but yeah, I'm seeing realistic stats with my slider set but it'd be nice if those stats were achieved with realistic gameplay.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »