Home

I'm sorry, but that last patch has really ruined this game

This is a discussion on I'm sorry, but that last patch has really ruined this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
I'm sorry, but that last patch has really ruined this game

Another typical game I played last night in my OD. I am OU, the CPU is Colorado.

1st half. Game is totally realistic. I'm up 21-3 or so going into halftime. I made a couple mistakes, should had more points, but whatever. My Defense is playing well, getting pressure on their QB, my superior DB are playing their inferior WR's closely. I'm running the ball, and passing it successfully.

2nd half - Uh oh. They come out blazing their QB goes like 12-12 for the half, they have receivers running WIDE open every play regardless of what defense I run....I get no pressure on their QB. I go look at the replays, my DB's who were playing them like white on rice in the 1st half, are now running AWAY from their WRs allowing them to get wide open. WTH???? C'mon EA seriously.

But wait it gets better....then Landry Jones, who's suddenly not able to avoid getting his passes knocked down by cpu linemen, somehow get's injured for the rest of the game on a hit that occured well after the throw(still dont see why this issue hasn't been tweaked)...backup comes in completes a pass, and my WR has NO ONE in front of him, and fumbles on a shoe string tackle. I'm supremely ticked by this point.... They score again, next thing I know I'm LOSING 25-24 with under 1 min to play.

This is the kind of stuff I've dealt with seemingly every game since that last patch came out. The cheap fumbling has always been an issue, but combine that with the way the game completely DISREGARDS player ratings when the CPU goes on a tear, and it makes for a eye-rolling "c'mon, WTH is that" type of game.

Last edited by stoncold32; 09-28-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I'm sorry, but that last patch has really ruined this game

Not really. I'm not having this problem. Although I am seeing the absurd late hits on the QBs. It's pretty ridiculous how long after the throw the defense is allowed to pummel your QB without penalty. I feel like the problem is some kind of lag between the time the game is recognizing the hit (when the tackle animation begins) and when the contact is actually represented on screen.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Not seeing it. Sometimes I think that the CPU goes too far when you've missed a couple receivers, and all of a sudden they're dropping open passes left and right until you hit some short routes. But as for "comeback" AI. I just haven't seen it this year. Not even the last two minutes of the halves where last year it was so prevalent. There are too many fumbles at times, but I set my running to conservative and I almost never fumble unless I'm trying to push or break free.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Another typical game I played last night in my OD. I am OU, the CPU is Colorado.

1st half. Game is totally realistic. I'm up 21-3 or so going into halftime. I made a couple mistakes, should had more points, but whatever. My Defense is playing well, getting pressure on their QB, my superior DB are playing their inferior WR's closely. I'm running the ball, and passing it successfully.

2nd half - Uh oh. They come out blazing their QB goes like 12-12 for the half, they have receivers running WIDE open every play regardless of what defense I run....I get no pressure on their QB. I go look at the replays, my DB's who were playing them like white on rice in the 1st half, are now running AWAY from their WRs allowing them to get wide open. WTH???? C'mon EA seriously.

But wait it gets better....then Landry Jones, who's suddenly not able to avoid getting his passes knocked down by cpu linemen, somehow get's injured for the rest of the game on a hit that occured well after the throw(still dont see why this issue hasn't been tweaked)...backup comes in completes a pass, and my WR has NO ONE in front of him, and fumbles on a shoe string tackle. I'm supremely ticked by this point.... They score again, next thing I know I'm LOSING 25-24 with under 1 min to play.

This is the kind of stuff I've dealt with seemingly every game since that last patch came out. The cheap fumbling has always been an issue, but combine that with the way the game completely DISREGARDS player ratings when the CPU goes on a tear, and it makes for a eye-rolling "c'mon, WTH is that" type of game.
What makes you think that anything you just described is due to the most recent patch? The only thing I can think of that could be patch related is the DBs running away from the WRs (if you're playing man defense), but that wouldn't explain why they were playing them like flies on sh*t in the first half.

It sounds like your main issue is that you were hot in the 1st half and the CPU was hot in the 2nd, but that shouldn't be specific to any of the patches.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Not seeing it either. The CPU gets hot and cold at certain points in the game, sometimes the CPU is hot all game, sometimes cold all game, same for me.

I think this is just the case of someone who is mad they gave up a lead and lost, and blames it on the cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

I'm not seeing this AT ALL either.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
Rookie

MRTALLAHASSEE's Arena

OVR: 7

Has any1 seen a P.I. call in their favor?
Old 09-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRTALLAHASSEE
Has any1 seen a P.I. call in their favor?
Yes I have. I've seen more PI called in my favor then go against me. PI is rare though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »