Home

Sim Season stats

This is a discussion on Sim Season stats within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7
Sim Season stats

Hi guys so i havent played NHL in a while after waitng for madden to turn into q good game god knows when that will happen so i went and brought nhl 11 which imo is a good game.

Anyway would just like to know is there a way in seasn made for teams to be more offensive i have noticed that the stats when you sim a season are off. e,g Malkin and crosby on the same team and both cannot get over the 70 point mark only once have only obe has had a 100 points.

So my question is there like a setting or a way to make teams to be more offensive like in Madden there is a stragety setting where you could adjust how argreesive teams and what type of style they play.

Cheers for any help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Sim Season stats

No. The SIM engine has been "broken" for a few years now. I had guys that had overalls of 75 - 80 get close to 90 pts a season, and like you said, players like Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin can't even break 70. Makes no sense.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

i have had the same problem had alexander semin for two years running put up 120 plus points which is ridiculos and ovi only had 74 but i noticed that LW were getting much more points than RW so i did a test with Ovi at LW and RW was semin Ovi ended up with 124 points while semin had 79 which is not too unrealistic.

Then i tried all RW of note then switched them to LW and there numbers increased as well i think with wingers there is some sort of sim glitch that allows LW to gain more points.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

hopefully they address this in the upcoming patch or its "play now"
and "playoff mode" for me all season.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've heard this 'broken' sim engine carries over to the standings as well, is this correct? I've heard it's pretty much a crapshoot as to who makes the playoffs?

Too bad if this is the case, as that is the only thing that is keeping me from buying the game at this point. I'm pretty much solely a Be A GM guy, but if the season/playoff results are completely random, what's the point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khill04
I've heard this 'broken' sim engine carries over to the standings as well, is this correct? I've heard it's pretty much a crapshoot as to who makes the playoffs?

Too bad if this is the case, as that is the only thing that is keeping me from buying the game at this point. I'm pretty much solely a Be A GM guy, but if the season/playoff results are completely random, what's the point?
Exactly, this is why I haven't bought the game yet. I'm waiting for the first patch to see if they've adressed the issues with the sim engine first.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

While I've noticed some minor discrepancies in points, they aren't too far from realistic on mine. First season as the oilers I made the playoffs and Columbus won the cup, Gaborik and Malkin split the Art Ross with 100pts each and Gaborik took the Richard. Second season I signed a few UFA's the best being Chara at 9m for 1yr and won the cup. I traded Hemsky and some picks for Gaborik mid-season and he took the Art Ross with 98pts and the Richard with 52 goals. In the second season Ovie, Malkin and Crosby were all around the 85pt mark so a bit of a drop but it's not unrealistic to believe that they can have one "off season" so it was only a minor issue. I'm on my third season now and my team is doing well with Gaborik and Hall leading in points and goals. I'll let you know how it turns out when I'm done but I'm not expecting to win the cup.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
jb1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
hopefully they address this in the upcoming patch or its "play now"
and "playoff mode" for me all season.
It would be great to see them fix the simming stats issues in the patch but realistically I expect them to wait for NHL12 and possibly with a similar strategy to FIFA's whereby they went for a complete overhaul of the engine behind their franchise mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khill04

I simmed through 5 seasons to give it a test drive and I felt as if it was completely random. I know the NHL can be unpredictable from one year to the next so I don't worry about it too much but on my sim both Chicago and Detroit missed the playoffs for the first two years, Washington only had one season where they comfortably made the play-offs while the Islanders took 3 out of the 5 Stanley Cup's on offer.

As for player stats during the season, they just felt way off.

Last edited by jb1; 09-29-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: merged my own posts

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »