Home

More reviews rolling in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on More reviews rolling in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
More reviews rolling in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://zoknowsgaming.com/2010/10/04/nba-2k11-review/

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/04/nb...e-his-airness/

4.5/5 stars

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: More reviews rolling in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice, although the zoknowsgaming review was horribly written. It looked like a 14 year old was writing the review.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Seems a lot of the writer are now saying how hard it is to do the challenges. My guess is they will patch 2 things, one they'll make the Jordan challenges 12 mins and they'll make him unlock-able another way too.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnomega
Seems a lot of the writer are now saying how hard it is to do the challenges. My guess is they will patch 2 things, one they'll make the Jordan challenges 12 mins and they'll make him unlock-able another way too.
Damn -- it's too hard so they patch it? I say man -- just let it be for a while. Play the other modes if you can't figure this one out .. we haven't even touched it yet and a patch? It's HARD .. not mildly diffucult .. to score 6o something points in a game. I say it would be fair if you could only complete 5-10 Jordan challenges by games end. Keep it while playing 2k12 .. and make it a personal challenge to beat it eventually? What's happening to us man? This is crazy.

But it's probably not that serious for most .. so, woooow. I'm lost for more words on this one
Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickz24
Damn -- it's too hard so they patch it? I say man -- just let it be for a while. Play the other modes if you can't figure this one out .. we haven't even touched it yet and a patch? It's HARD .. not mildly diffucult .. to score 6o something points in a game. I say it would be fair if you could only complete 5-10 Jordan challenges by games end. Keep it while playing 2k12 .. and make it a personal challenge to beat it eventually? What's happening to us man? This is crazy.

But it's probably not that serious for most .. so, woooow. I'm lost for more words on this one
I'd back the option to select quarter length via patch, but not due to difficulty. It just seems a lot of guys typically play with different quarter lengths and I can see how that'd effect realism in many cases. I'm personally a 9 minute quarter guy, but 8 is close enough to still be cool with me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'd back the option to select quarter length via patch, but not due to difficulty. It just seems a lot of guys typically play with different quarter lengths and I can see how that'd effect realism in many cases. I'm personally a 9 minute quarter guy, but 8 is close enough to still be cool with me.
--
Yeah time length flexibility should def be in there ... put it on default difficulty and let the time length be the adjustment. Like .. I can do it in 9 mins .. or it takes ME 12 mins man - dont know how you do it. That's def fair.
Just hope it's not dumbed down because some 17 yr olds couldn't figure it out (no offense 17's) .. use it to teach a good basketball lesson.
Like Rosie said in 'White Men can't jump" -- sometimes when you win you really lose .. and vice versa .. good bball lesson for 2k to teach. And it will go a long way to ensuring the integrity of the game .. I assure you that. People will respect the difficulty long after the initial complaints stop. Stuff like that makes games .. dare I say ... legendary.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickz24
--
Yeah time length flexibility should def be in there ... put it on default difficulty and let the time length be the adjustment. Like .. I can do it in 9 mins .. or it takes ME 12 mins man - dont know how you do it. That's def fair.
Just hope it's not dumbed down because some 17 yr olds couldn't figure it out (no offense 17's) .. use it to teach a good basketball lesson.
Like Rosie said in 'White Men can't jump" -- sometimes when you win you really lose .. and vice versa .. good bball lesson for 2k to teach. And it will go a long way to ensuring the integrity of the game .. I assure you that. People will respect the difficulty long after the initial complaints stop. Stuff like that makes games .. dare I say ... legendary.
True. I actually like the sound of the challenge. I was sort of afraid it'd be a situation where I could blaze through each scenario on the first go around and then be finished in a few days. I'm hoping it is indeed a little tough. I've got no problem playing with these classic teams over and over again.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't know if anyone mention this already....But I was reading the IGN review. And this rasied my attention a little.

"Some of this is a bit artificial. Unless I missed it in the Hornets' media guide, Peja Stojakovic is not psychic. So it's probably impossible for him to have his back to a passer, running full speed across midcourt and know instinctively to stick out his arm and grab a well-thrown outlet pass -- and yet he can in 2K11. If there's anything that frustrates me about 2K11, it is these few little moments when the game is clearly overcompensating for the way people want to play. Yes, people throw long passes. But, you know what? So do some fastbreak teams. Denying that part of the game, making it too easy to snatch balls going through the lane, breaks the beautifully crafted realism of 2K11. It's cheap, and it makes the game harder than it should be."

I think some people are going to miss the point this year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »