Home

Official NBA 2K11 Impressions Thread (PC)

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K11 Impressions Thread (PC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon4 Official NBA 2K11 Impressions Thread (PC)

I know we have an impressions thread but the PC version is another monster. When people get the PC version can you please post your specs, how it runs, any config changes needed to get it to run good?

Most importantly can you confirm that the game is as good on the PC as everyone says the console version is?

Please put all PC impressions here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 03:03 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Offical NBA 2K11 PC impressions thread.

AMD Phenom II 720x4 @ 2.8ghz
ATI Radeon 4890 1GB HDMI
4GB DDR2 1066 RAM
Windows 7x64 Ultimate
360 Wireless gamepad with PC adapter

After about 15 minutes installation time and 6.17GB of Hard drive space, I was ready to run the game. First thing it does is ask you if you want to change your video settings, which I did. I turned everything up to max at 1920x1080.

The game runs just fine. I did a benchmark and was sitting on 74fps. It looks just fine too, what you'd expect for the PC version. The floor reflections were questionable for me though. At first it seemed there were none, just shadows, but then I could see the lights from the ceiling. I'm thinking it's fine, but I have nothing to compare that to.

I'm happy to say that the controls for the 360 wireless pad work perfectly. They are set right this year and both triggers function at the same time. There are also the default 360 icons for the buttons, LT, RT, A, X, Y, B, you get the gist.

I'm going to dip into some creating players/team and My player mode. So far so good, nothing abnormal to report yet.

NOTE: Be sure to turn your controller on before running the game or it will not work.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
AMD Phenom II 720x4 @ 2.8ghz
ATI Radeon 4890 1GB HDMI
4GB DDR2 1066 RAM
Windows 7x64 Ultimate
360 Wireless gamepad with PC adapter

After about 15 minutes installation time and 6.17GB of Hard drive space, I was ready to run the game. First thing it does is ask you if you want to change your video settings, which I did. I turned everything up to max at 1920x1080.

The game runs just fine. I did a benchmark and was sitting on 74fps. It looks just fine too, what you'd expect for the PC version. The floor reflections were questionable for me though. At first it seemed there were none, just shadows, but then I could see the lights from the ceiling. I'm thinking it's fine, but I have nothing to compare that to.

I'm happy to say that the controls for the 360 wireless pad work perfectly. They are set right this year and both triggers function at the same time. There are also the default 360 icons for the buttons, LT, RT, A, X, Y, B, you get the gist.

I'm going to dip into some creating players/team and My player mode. So far so good, nothing abnormal to report yet.

NOTE: Be sure to turn your controller on before running the game or it will not work.
What about Custom Arena Music ?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:15 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

@Boge

Where'd you get your copy, man? And from what country are you?

Do the DVD version come with a serial key or some kind of anti-piracy protection?

Have you tried to play online already?

One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments
Old 10-05-2010, 03:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Yeah could you please check if there is custom audio in it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Could you please post the recommended settings

For us people who's graphics cards are great on some games but not good enough on others.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #7
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

I played the 30 min demo on the Onlive thing and I didn't see custom soundtrack support...
Old 10-05-2010, 04:21 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
I played the 30 min demo on the Onlive thing and I didn't see custom soundtrack support...
Figures. Took 2K 2 years before we got native 360 icons on the PC version, probably a few more before we get custom tracks.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »