Home

Total control passing help - PS3

This is a discussion on Total control passing help - PS3 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3
Total control passing help - PS3

hey guys, looking for some help with total control passing. Ive used icon passing for as long as I can remember. Im a little perplexed as to how total control passing works. Am I directing the pass with the right stick? Isn't that the shot stick? Do I tap or hold R1? Ive been struggling with the passing, and I dont want to give up on sim without learning and trying all facets of the passing game. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Total control passing help - PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
hey guys, looking for some help with total control passing. Ive used icon passing for as long as I can remember. Im a little perplexed as to how total control passing works. Am I directing the pass with the right stick? Isn't that the shot stick? Do I tap or hold R1? Ive been struggling with the passing, and I dont want to give up on sim without learning and trying all facets of the passing game. Thanks!
first of all total control passing is turned off by default..so you have to turn it on in the control options menu. if you want to play online, you might not want to get too attached to total control passing, as i don't know if it's available online.

once you have turned it on in the options menu, this is how it works: you have to bring up the pass icons (R1)...then HOLD DOWN the button of the offball player you want to control...continue holding down his button to take control of him and move him around....let go of the button to pass to him.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

do I hold R1 as well the whole time?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

How would I do a quick icon pass? hold R1 and tap the recievers button? I feel like its slower this year than years past. I was able to whip the ball around using icon passing. This year I feel like theres a delay, and thats leading to some turnovers.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

Quote:
do I hold R1 as well the whole time?
i'm not sure if you have to keep holding R1 or not...i'll have to check later.

Last edited by blues rocker; 10-06-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

Quote:
How would I do a quick icon pass? hold R1 and tap the recievers button? I feel like its slower this year than years past. I was able to whip the ball around using icon passing. This year I feel like theres a delay, and thats leading to some turnovers.
yes, to make a normal icon pass, you just tap the receiver's button.....but, when total control passing is turned on, it does cause a delay in the quick icon passing. this is the drawback to total control passing. i think this is just the result of the way the control scheme is set up and i don't think there's any way for them to fix this delay. that is why i pretty much gave up on total control passing and just went back to normal icon passing. also, when using total control passing to control a receiver, the receiver moves super slow...so you also have to hold down turbo to make him move quicker...and this feels like i'm contorting my fingers just to pull that off.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

thanks blues...I think im going to turn it off as well. I dont see myself controlling the reciever much. I just want to hit him with a pass quickly when he gets to a spot I want. Normal Icon passing is enough for me to be effective.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

so, with this option turned off... how do i do icon lead passing? I kept hearing Czar mention this, and Im not sure how to do this... It would be crucial to keep from constantly turning the ball over to the CPU.

NBA- Lakers
NFL- Cowboys
MLB- Yankees/Mariners
NCAA- Texas Longhorns

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »