Home

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

This is a discussion on Is this a bug or am I missing something? within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Sorry forgot to mention this was in F1 2010.

I was doing the qualifying in my second race and posted the best time. So after I skipped to the race day figuring that someone might post a faster time but I would at least start in the top 5. So it shows on the menu before the race that my time was the fastest and I showed up as first place. When the race goes to start it list me in the 10th spot?!?!?

Shouldn't I have been in the pole position?

Last edited by sanders; 11-01-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Grid penalty from the first race?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure I didn't have a grid penalty but I'll see what happens in my next race.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Sounds like you got the best time in the second of the three qualifying sessions, which only ensures you a top ten spot and a chance to face the rest of the top ten in the final qualifying session. Times don't carry over between sessions so if you inadvertently skipped final qualifying, you would start 10th.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Rookie

dshill's Arena

which qualifying were you in? It sounds like you posted the best time in Q2, but did not set a time in Q3, putting you in 10th.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Sounds like you got the best time in the second of the three qualifying sessions, which only ensures you a top ten spot and a chance to face the rest of the top ten in the final qualifying session. Times don't carry over between sessions so if you inadvertently skipped final qualifying, you would start 10th.
Yeah I didn't even now about that I just thought you got up to 3 days to post your best time. I have to admit I'm pretty newb about racing.

I did a race yesterday and posting a good Q1 time which had me third and found the accelerate time thing on the screen for your car. I didn't know that was there so I would skip to race apparently missing the rest of qualifying. I was able to get through all three phases of qualifying and start fourth.

If there's anything other things like that out there that I should know please let me know.

This game is sweet.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
Rookie

I also noticed in my 5th race that when I pitted in the 4th lap like suggested my pit time was 18 seconds! I think this is the bug people were complaining where the pit crew is waiting for the pit row to clear before letting you go.

What I ended up doing is kept driving until lap 5 and then pit - with less cars pitting my pit time was 5 seconds.

As far as I know the patch is out on the ps3 and this shoudl have been corrected right?
Old 11-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders
I also noticed in my 5th race that when I pitted in the 4th lap like suggested my pit time was 18 seconds! I think this is the bug people were complaining where the pit crew is waiting for the pit row to clear before letting you go.

What I ended up doing is kept driving until lap 5 and then pit - with less cars pitting my pit time was 5 seconds.

As far as I know the patch is out on the ps3 and this shoudl have been corrected right?
Prior to the race when you are in your garage, go and alter your Pit Strategy. Just add or subtract a lap or two from whatever the default is. Works like a charm and you can avoid the traffic jam in the pits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »