Home

MAJOR bug after roster update!

This is a discussion on MAJOR bug after roster update! within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
MAJOR bug after roster update!

Why is it that after I downloading rosters online when I go to start my Be a GM, the pre-season carries on after the waiver wire deadline? Now, I know this happened early on when NHL 11 first came out, but now I again am seeing Toews, Kiprusoff, etc star players in the AHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: MAJOR bug after roster update!

Yes this is unreal! Chara, Beregeon in minors for Bruins. Fisher, Kovalev, Kuba for Ottawa. They fixed this once hopefully they can fix again!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

most likely your team is over the cap. you can fix it by going to roster management in the main menu. i just started with the rangers who are under the cap and had no problems with this
Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk10506
most likely your team is over the cap. you can fix it by going to roster management in the main menu. i just started with the rangers who are under the cap and had no problems with this
Yeah, I deleted my entire NHL saves, game data and all from my PS3, then redid everything and had no problems with this.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

MAJOR bug or MAJOR jump to conclusion?

Last edited by swirvin; 11-02-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Well, I can confirm it happens. I tried to take a short cut and send down enough guys off every team to make only 23 players on the rosters, and the game still buries guys like Crosby and Spezza in the minors during BAGM.

One problem is most teams have 4-6 scratched guys. There should only be 3 or less, but even then I guess teams still have cap issues so I'll try to make every one's roster only 20 skaters and see if that works.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
Well, I can confirm it happens. I tried to take a short cut and send down enough guys off every team to make only 23 players on the rosters, and the game still buries guys like Crosby and Spezza in the minors during BAGM.

One problem is most teams have 4-6 scratched guys. There should only be 3 or less, but even then I guess teams still have cap issues so I'll try to make every one's roster only 20 skaters and see if that works.
What players did you see in the AHL? I don't know how it could happen for some and not others. There was no Chara in the AHL or anything of the sort. The best players I saw were Nylander and Cheechoo.

Last edited by savoie2006; 11-02-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

i just tried making each team have 20 or less on their rosters. It helped some, but I still ended up with Alfreddson in the minors, the Islanders having their AHL goalies as their NHL ones, and other weird things.

So, however EA fixed this before (maybe making everyone salary cap compliant so the CPU doesn't mess with things at the start of a BAGM?) I hope they do it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »