Home

So when do you guys decide to...

This is a discussion on So when do you guys decide to... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
So when do you guys decide to...

Leave your program you have built into a powerhouse for another team? do you ever? or dont?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: So when do you guys decide to...

Those who stay will be champions.

Unless you choose to stay at Michigan State.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 11-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #3
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

Eh, I'm still working on Oregon State (currently 5 stars). Once I have them at six stars, I will enjoy using them for 2~3 seasons before moving on to my next school... which will probably be a UCLA team that has dropped to 2 stars -_- .
Old 11-20-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

I usually like to stick with one team.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I always start with MTSU or another fairly weak team and build them up for 3 or 4 years. I stay with my weak team until they are strong, at which point I start waiting on an invite from Miami . It almost feels like going to the pros after you have been in a small school for so long.

After I get to Miami I usually stay there and try to get to the National Championship game. The only team I MIGHT leave Miami for is North Carolina, I call it the "Butch Davis" move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I was at San Diego State for 11 years. I built them in to a 6 star program but I could never get an invite to a BCS conference and I got tired of playing D rated teams on a regular basis so I took a job at the 4 star FSU so I can try and bring them back to a national powerhouse
Old 11-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I only switch if it makes sense. For instance you wouldn't leave Florida to go coach San Jose State. I only go to teams that are struggling (obviously a successful team isn't going to fire their coach, and where's the challenge in that anyway?) and only move up or laterally. For instance going from say New Mexico to BYU, from BYU to Baylor, from Baylor to Michigan etc. And I only accept invitations, I never just switch on my own.

If I have terrible years and somehow get fired, I always restart with a lesser team again.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just do it by feel. There's no real right answer. With small programs, I generally leave once I've gotten their talent level to the point where they'll be competitive after I leave. With larger schools, it's usually just when I get bored and want to move on.

More often than not, I stay at a school longer than I intend to. I say I'm leaving at the end of my contract, but then I bring in a big-time QB or HB and I want to play with him and get sucked in again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »