Home

"TRUE GAMEPLAY ROSTERS" VERSION 2 11/29

This is a discussion on "TRUE GAMEPLAY ROSTERS" VERSION 2 11/29 within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
"TRUE GAMEPLAY ROSTERS" VERSION 2 11/29

I'll let you watch your football on Sunday first, then think about college hoops
VERSION 2 TUESDAY 11/30 (6PM EST exactly)

What’s new

[a] every rotation has been fixed. That means the ppg will be similar to real life. If the rotations are not set, a gunner could score 40pts on you when u play them, but when simming only avg. 5 ppg during the season.

more accessories (I watch college basketball daily, including espn 360, where the games are ready for you at any time at a click of a button. Lefty players, tattoos,etc

[c] Power conf redone. All these changes players make,jerseys, late transfers,etc I’ll be fixing. I already added, 5 white walkons on NCarolina team, which only had 10 players on the roster when I edited them. It seems like none of them have basketball backgrounds on their website, soccer, track, etc.

POPULAR asked QUESTIONS

Why are some starters rated high?
To get the team’s overall rating at an acceptable level?

Why doesn’t Sullinger and other top freshman enter the draft after year 1?
I didn’t set it up that way for a player to be one and done. Maybe there are some Tim Duncan’s out there. I’m not assuming any1 gonna jump. If you want them to jump, then turn any1 who’s rated 76 or better potential to 90 or better. With the NBA lockout likely, many college drafters are likely to stay in.

Teams that start 3 guards, why are some guards listed as forwards?
Because the computer won’t recognize a 3-guard lineup. The first time a team has an injury, the computer resets the rosters. They will look for a SF before they look for the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> SG in that 3-guard lineup. Sometimes the CPU makes the right decision, often they don’t. This will also mess the rosters up after your season

How do you determine who starts, get minutes, etc.

I check significant boxscores.Duke vs the College Mississippi Blind Lumberjacks (UCMBL) does not give projection on how Coach K will play his roster. Those are blowout games so he can check all his players out. Also many opening games, coaches start their seniors. I look for significant games (especially close games, then get the minutes from there. Also injuries,

What things are in your control?

You can edit a players, position from another team during your season. Example, lets say Dunn (BAYLOR,SO) and the computer drafts a player rated 80 as a SG on Baylor. This could bump Dunn to the bench. You can change the position of the new player to a SF , then Dunn will start regularly. If you want to get rid of the new player, then change his position from SG to C then his overall rating will drop significantly and he’ll be at the bottom of the roster

Duke has a losing record in my season. What did you do?
I didn't do nothing homes-skillet. I made Duke the best overall rated team in the game. The game engine is based on the 2006-2007 season. If you pull up the standings from that season, you'll see Duke wasn't that good. What you can do is pull up Duke's schedule during your legacy (schedule / season schedule). Then you sim and save until Duke wins that game. It could get annoying if the computer has Maryland beating Duke 7 times in a row when simming, restarting,simm, restart...., but if you're serious about it, then get it done.

The top players are avg 30 ppg, this isn't realistic deepaball?

[b]True, neither is the top players avg. 10ppg (which you can do if u want). You control that setting with the "simulated half length" set this at 18 minutes season 1. Then in season 2 and on, set it at 16 minutes. After season 1, the computer resets the rotations and many players minutes are increased. You can't control it. Also watch out for the "commit fouls" attribute. The computer will change some after season 1. If it's low (like 0-10) the defender will block your stuff off glass and things like that. If the computer resets it to high (69-99) the player will just collide with you in mid air and wait for the referee to call or not call something.

Last edited by Deepball757; 11-30-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 01:10 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: "TRUE GAMEPLAY ROSTERS" VERSION 2 11/29

I do not see the new version in 2k Share. Did you upload the new roster yet?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:51 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Your roster is incredible! I just played one of the best basketball games in a long time. Early in my Ohio State legacy, I traveled to the Utep Minors for my first road game of the season.

It was a back and forth game in the first half. Both teams hitting shots and hitting the wide open looks. I started to feed it to Sullinger early and then when he was doubled in the post kicked it out to Lighty who was on fire this game. He ended up 33 points.

Lets fast forward to the final minutes of the second half. It was crazy. I found myself down 8 points with just under 3 minutes to go. I got a couple key stops and Lighty hit 2 huge 3s to put me within 2 points. NOW THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER SCENE IN A VIDEOGAME BEFORE! I gotta key stop with 25 ticks left and called a timeout. The CPU fouled me with 10 seconds to go to force me to hit a couple clutch free throws!! I have never scene that before. Buford hit the tying freebies and I bullied them in overtime to win by a final score of 81-73.

It was a freaking great game of hoops! Like I said earlier it was my first road game and the atmosphere on the road was amazing. The crowd was in the game the entire time and the momentum swings about drove me nuts!!!

Sullinger finished with 18 and 10. Here are some stats for ya!

OSU / Utep

FG: 27/60 / 29/73
3 pt: 7/28 / 9/25
FT: 20/22 / 6/10
rebounds: 38 / 35
PIP: 26 / 30

Ohio State:
Buford: 6 pts, 3 reb, 1ast
Lighty: 33 pts, 4 reb, 1 ast, 5-13 3pt
Sullinger: 18 pts, 10 reb, 4ast
Lauderdale: 6 pts, 13 reb
D Thomas: 10 pts, 2-4 3pt

Utep
Culpepper: 17pts
C. Polk: 19 pts 3 reb, 3 ast, 5 stl, 5-83pt
J. Stone: 19 pts, 4reb
J. Williams: 4 pts, 11 reb
Old 11-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmchugh007
I do not see the new version in 2k Share. Did you upload the new roster yet?
Read the title of the thread.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

i cant wait for version 2. i'll snag these and start up a season..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #6
Rookie

Votto4MVP's Arena

OVR: 1

do i need to redownload your original roster file, or are these rosters on 2k share under a different name?
Old 11-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votto4MVP
do i need to redownload your original roster file, or are these rosters on 2k share under a different name?
It will be under a different name next week. You'll see version 2.

Jonmchungh, how did you hold Cullpepper (UTEP) down? I've been tracking him since i first did these rosters 3 years ago when he was a sophomore. I saw him dunk on u-tube, he has unbelievable ups. Nothing better than an exciting game.

Last edited by Deepball757; 11-23-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

hey Deepball just first wanted to say thanks a lot of all the time you put into these rosters. I am a huge Arizona fan and just wanted to give you a link where you could look at how the players are doing this season so that you can try and get the ratings as close as possible. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...izona-wildcats

starting 5

Derrick Williams (C/PF) starts at center.is a beast down low. should be the gunner. has some sick dunks already this season. good post moves and quick because he should be playing the 4. finishes around rim while drawing contact.

Kyle Fogg (SG/PG)is the best defender and passer on the team. also a good 3 pt shooter. should be the second best player on the team along with Hill

Solomon Hill (SF)can do everything. Him and Kyle Fogg will be our next best players behind D will. Hes very versatile, can hit the 3 if needed, rebound, takes the ball up the court, and a good passer.

Jamelle Horne (PF/SF)is very athletic. Can jump out of the gym and finish around the rim. a little soft down low but rebounds and blocks because of vertical. and can shoot the 3 as well.

Momo Jones (PG) has not really impressed me very much. decent mid range and more of a driving pg looking to score and get to the line. flashy passer but sometimes turns the ball over.

bench players

Jordin Mayes (PG/SG)- very good length. has a long wingspan which makes him good on D. good 3 pt shooter and does not make to many mistakes when passing the ball. will cut into momo's playing time. probably will get around 20 mins.

Kevin Parrom (SF)- very similar to Solomon Hill. plays great Defense and can do everything. runs the break well.

Brenden Lavender- (SG) probably our best 3 pt shooter. mainly a spot up shooter and very athletic.

Jesse Perry (PF)- comes in for Horne. high energy guy off bench. has a knack for rebounding which is his best attribute. does not have very good fundamentals but find a way to finish around rim.

Kyryl Natyazhko- (C) very big body down low. actually has nice touch and can shoot the mid range shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »