Home

Why did they even give us the option to play less qtr length minutes?

This is a discussion on Why did they even give us the option to play less qtr length minutes? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Why did they even give us the option to play less qtr length minutes?

Posted this in the slider forum, but feel like I should post in here as well and maybe I could get some help.

Why does 2k even give us the option to play anything less than 10min qtrs?

You seriously can't get good results/stats at 9min or less. Heck I can't even do it on 10min and I'm trying sooo hard to changing everything I can think of! Really kinda pisses me off that such a good game has to be played at 12min. I can do a 9 inning game in MLB 10 with no problems for some reason I just can't do the 12min qtrs. Game feels extremelyyyy slow now after the patch What a great game this is, but feel like I'm wasting my time playing cuz I just can't wait 12min qtrs. Even saving midway through doesn't help. Game just feels too slow overall and drawn out.

Maybe they could have the sliders automatically adjust for you as you lower the minutes, that would be sweet! Please 2k, next year make this game where it's possible to play AT MOST 10min qtrs and get good stats!!!

If there is Anyone out there playing 10min or less and getting good results PM me and tell me what u are doing. I'll do anything at this point!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why did they even give us the option to play less qtr length minutes?

more options = better. I would also venture to guess that the OS community is in the minority when it comes to caring about realistic stats.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Not everyone likes to take an hour or more to play a game.

Personally, I play 12 minute quarters, but some may think that is crazy talk.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40

I do too, but that is the sacrifice you have to make if you want real stats. Good thing 2k11 is so good, it makes me want to do that (I never had before)
Old 11-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:

I'm one of those guys that I can't take sitting for an hour or two playing one game. 7 minutes is plenty for me, sometimes that even feels long if the game isn't close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:

12min qtrs takes longer than a hour to play. It's not even that that bothers me. Cuz like I said I can play MLB 10 and it takes a hour to finish the game. But there's no stopping in the game. What I mean is, there's no fouls, or timeouts in baseball. The flow of the game is continuously on a baseball video game. Real life baseball is very drawn out cuz there is timeouts, mound visits etc that prolong the game. But that all can be skipped thru easily on the game.

In this game, while yes you can skip thru timeouts. you can't simulate the fouls and ft's that take place when the clock is stopped. Clock stops under 2min of each each qtr as well after made basket. Again, more things that slow the game down.

I'm just asking to play 10min at most! I'm determined to keep playing at 10min until I find something that works. Even if I have to put game speed at 100, and teams shooting the ball with 10-15sec left on the shot clock lol.

While more options=better game, and I agree...there needs to be a balance however where we get realistic stats with leass minutes. Look at Madden for example...We don't have to play 15min qtrs to get sim stats(Now I didn't buy Madden 11, so going off Madden 10), but with the 15-25sec playclock run off allows us to play longer qtrs and still get good results. NBA 2k needs something that allows us to play lesser minutes and achieve sim results.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
I'm one of those guys that I can't take sitting for an hour or two playing one game. 7 minutes is plenty for me, sometimes that even feels long if the game isn't close.

7min? What are your final scores, high 60s at most??
Old 11-30-2010, 11:18 PM   #8
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Here's my whole point. You're going to play 10 minutes, are you *really* going to tell me that you don't have an additional 15 minutes (about what it would take to play the additional 8 minutes) to spare when you already setting up for a 40 minute game that will take 55 with stoppages, replays, etc?

Seriously, this is why they give the option to SIMULATE games, simulate to the END of games, save in the MIDDLE of a game, and play seasons of shorter length than 82 games.

MOST of this community wants a simulation experience. We finally get one where we get REAL NBA stats at REAL NBA time and people want to turn it back into an arcade game.

PS: Don't think I'm bitching at you, I'm not. Trust me that I understand time-constraints. But that have made so many options available to shorten seasons, games, and allow saving in the middle - while providing a REAL representation of the sport. But for us die-hards who just want a REAL SPORTS EXPERIENCE when we play, the fact that we can finally play real NBA basketball is what we've been asking for - for the better part of a decade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »