Home

Which Current NBA Player do you think would make the best head coach? the worst?

This is a discussion on Which Current NBA Player do you think would make the best head coach? the worst? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39
Which Current NBA Player do you think would make the best head coach? the worst?

I would say the best would be someone like Chauncey Billups, and the worst would be JR Smith with no doubt in my mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Which Current NBA Player do you think would make the best head coach? the worst?

Billups definitely knows the game. But just because you know the game doesn't exactly mean your head coach material. You have to have a demeanor and patience to deal with the personalities to handle these ball players. Magic Johnson knows the game like the back of his hand. But when he coached the Lakers in the 90's, that was some of the worst coaching I've ever seen. Maybe it just might be that Magic didn't go through the process of being an assistant coach for a couple of years before he became a head coach. He probably could have been an excellent head coach if he paid his dues in the coaching ranks. I don't know. BUT when he was head coach, he was terrible.

I'm not convinced that Billups has that demeanor to be a head coach. I might be wrong. If he does it the normal way by paying his dues on the coaching bench, he might be an excellent coach. BUT I can't just see him walking to the head coaching chair and start working his magic.

Billups has the potential. I also think that Rondo has that potential as well. With the right training, I also think he can be a head coach. I can see it now, if Doc is still coaching in the next 20 years, I can see Rondo being right under his wing ready to take the coaching reigns when Rivers retires.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Which Current NBA Player do you think would make the best head coach? the worst?

most of the coaches in the NBA wasn't high profile guys, they were sixth man or productive at the same time not an allstar with that said i believe

Ray Allen could be a good coach, and bad coach would be nash . I think Nash is smart, but prob could get frustrated.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I personally think that based on intelligence and leadership, Kevin Garnett might be pretty good. I also think that Kobe would be able to be decent. You could look at the top 20-25 players that own both of those characteristics and they could be a good coach.

As far as bad, you can pick any of the other 330 players in the league that don't care or have no skill and they would make awful coaches.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
MVP

Taur3asi3's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
I personally think that based on intelligence and leadership, Kevin Garnett might be pretty good.
I think the opposite, KG would be a horrrrible coach. He would beat one of his players to death with his shoe during a game. KG would have his players fearing for their lives or considering taking their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

I think Tim Duncan would make a good coach and not just because I'm a Spurs fan. He has that calm, patient demeanor and personality. He's been in the game of basketball and has produced. He is already a great mentor/teacher. And let's face it...the guy knows the game of basketball.

Worst? I really have no idea. Even the bench warmers of the NBA could possibly be good coaches.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

derek fisher would make a great coach, kurt thomas, i think chauncey would be a good one,

to me though derek fisher would make the best, his ability to be the coach on the floor for the Lakers is why he's been able to remain a starter in the league for so long, he is slower than almost every guard in the league but he runs the team to perfection, that and he hits more clutch 3's than anyone not named robert horry
Old 12-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

blast from the past:

spree- would choke anybody not playing the right way

present: delonte -show up to practice on his harley with somebody mama on the back

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »