Home

anybody use the pacers?

This is a discussion on anybody use the pacers? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
anybody use the pacers?

i got association going i like indiana pacers this year as a rebuild team there 500 in real life but they have no cap space and really only one star Granger,Collison is good and Hibbert to but getting points is not easy. i fid Mcroberts cant hit a open lay up I like to get rid of him he has one year left.. I run a realistic as I can not predict what they do.. I think they have pg sf and c.. Beyond that you have a few high contracts and nobody to score along with Granger.. I could lose which happen and get the draft lol what have other gms done here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #2
Rookie

omgzgabe's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: anybody use the pacers?

You could trade TJ Ford/Brandon Rush/Mike Dunleavy for Richard Hamilton on the Pistons. This will not only free up cap space but also get you a consistent scorer and veteran.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Hamilton isnt better than Rush. And George has a high potential rating.

They're a young team. I would look into upgrading at the PF spot.

Posey, McRoberts, Jones, and Handsbrough should be worth something on the market.

They dont need perimeter help. They need inside help for Hibbert.

I play w/ the Pacers in Season Mode and im not looking to change the team, but if i was in Association i'd try to get a PF.

There are a handfull of expiring contracts that come off the books in the off-season. U might have to just be patient and get lure a superstar to play alongside Granger, instead of looking to get a championship this year.

In three years Hamilton wont be the answer at the 2 to make a championship run.

Last edited by BATMON; 01-02-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

im looking at this season as a lame duck season.. i want to get a sg next to granger and sign a veteran pf that a good idea? who do you guys shoot with to get you point besides Granger that gets you point night in night out thanks everyone
Old 12-27-2010, 05:09 AM   #5
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5

I love the Pacers just as they are on this game. I suggest starting Hansbrough at PF or at least giving him a lot of minutes off the bench. He's got a killer mid-range jumper and he's been an integral piece of my offense this year. Unfortunately he's not a great rebounder and neither is Hibbert, so you'll be hurt on the boards some.. Dunleavy and Posey are great 3-point shooters off the bench as well. Between those two, Rush and Granger, I average 8 three's a game. Try to deal Dahntay Jones. He's a good slasher I guess but I don't find myself having much use for him. Paul George keeps eating into his minutes.

Right now 17 games into my season my starting 5 is..

PG - Collison (15.7 PPG, 15 APG)
SG - Rush (8.6 PPG)
SF - Granger (33.5 PPG, 10.1 RPG)
PF - Hansbrough (17.3 PPG, 6 RPG)
C - Hibbert (14.6 PPG, 7 RPG, 3.8 BPG)

Last edited by Jim Jones; 12-27-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

Dunleavy is my savior. He cant get me 30 points per game, but he's the leader of my second unit most of the time. His passing is better than the other wings, so he can facilitate. And if open, the jumpshot is water.

Granger is Granger - does everything well.
Hibbert is great on the pick and roll.
Dont sleep on Jeff Foster off the bench to defend and grab rebounds.
Collison is can create his own shot or shoot it in transition. Mid range killer.
Rush is a very good SG. Iso from the wing all day.

If your Change Jim O'Brian's Crash Boards Slider in Coach's Profile, Handsbrough,McRoberts,Foster, Hibbert, and Soloman Jones will rebound.

My secret weapon is Dahntay Jones. He cant shoot at volume. Mid-range and in.
But in a pinch, ill isolate him on the wing and he'll either dunk it or draw a foul.
Plus id the matchup is crazy, his defense is in the 90's. I place him on the better swingmen in the game. I never added his name to the list for Underated Defenders in the other thread. But dude is a running jailcell.

I have tweaked/edited my roster, not agreeing w/ the default numbers that came w/ the game.
Granger now plays better on ball defense IRL. Hibbert isnt slow. Soloman Jones run upcourt. Collison can dunk(rimgrazer). Dunleavy was criminally edited wrong and is the Pacers most consistant player this year. McRoberts can jump, block,dunk, and isnt slow.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't used the Pacers, but I traded for Hibbert in the Knicks and he's a monster, he's really tall and long so he can block a lot of shots, his rebounding is pretty good and he has a sweet midrange J.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

I got drafted to the Pacers in My Player and I like the team. If only 2k made the game so your CPU teammates could make shots...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »