Home

Moving back to an old Madden game..

This is a discussion on Moving back to an old Madden game.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Moving back to an old Madden game..

Had enough, my imagination can't make franchise fun anymore. I really want 05! Is it better on ps2 or xbox 1??

Also considering 08 on pc(i have wired 360 controller) but it never really appealed to me for some reason.

Any opinions?? and does anybody know if you can find roster updates for 05 anywhere?

I want morale and tony bruno radio show back!

cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Moving back to an old Madden game..

Xbox 1 of course, better graphics. Far as rosters nope, you will have to do that yourself. I am sure you can find that game for like 99 cents at gamestop.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Play Madden 11 on PS2. Franchise is a lot better. But if you want rosters get 08.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL2102
Play Madden 11 on PS2. Franchise is a lot better. But if you want rosters get 08.

what features does madden 11 on ps2 have?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I played Madden 08 on my PS2 until about last April. Thought that was a fantastic game. Never played 05, starting to wish I had, though, based on what people say about it.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgneousMold
Had enough, my imagination can't make franchise fun anymore. I really want 05! Is it better on ps2 or xbox 1??

Also considering 08 on pc(i have wired 360 controller) but it never really appealed to me for some reason.

Any opinions?? and does anybody know if you can find roster updates for 05 anywhere?

I want morale and tony bruno radio show back!

cheers

If you want to put a little extra effort into getting the gameplay and sim stats solid, I'd go with 05 and use these adjustments:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-download.html
Old 01-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgneousMold

cheers
Its pretty sad when video gamers are reverting back to play a game from 5 years ago, because the current games just aren't cutting it. I dont blame you one bit. Being almost 52 years old, im done with the subpar football games that EA is putting out, and I have reverted back to playing tabletop football board games. Im enjoying the realism, and realistic stats that i see in these games.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
Its pretty sad when video gamers are reverting back to play a game from 5 years ago, because the current games just aren't cutting it. I dont blame you one bit. Being almost 52 years old, im done with the subpar football games that EA is putting out, and I have reverted back to playing tabletop football board games. Im enjoying the realism, and realistic stats that i see in these games.
Hey...nice to see another fellow "old guy" that gets into sim sports gaming!

Though the time consuming "workarounds" only get these titles to 90-95 percent, I'm still a sucka for the visuals and some "button mashing"...

Grew up on Strat O Matic titles and fully understand how satisfying text based sims can be as well...

Take a look at that "Manifesto" link I posted...

A copy of 05 is prob pretty cheap, and it's worth it (IMHO) to see how effective the right workarounds with the right level of user friendly options can be...

Happy gaming!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »