Home

Default, or really close to it?

This is a discussion on Default, or really close to it? within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Default, or really close to it?

Anyone just play on a selected difficulty (Pro, All-Star, HOF, etc.) and setting (Casual, Simulation, etc.) and not adjust any sliders? Or perhaps have mostly everything on default but have changed 2-3 sliders?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Default, or really close to it?

I've tried it, but I've never been happy with the results when it comes to the stats at the end of a game I've played. Either there won't be enough foul shots, I'll have a hard time getting either team to crack 100 (I know it doesn't happen every game, but I went a good 10 games without it happening), or some other things that I'm forgetting right now.

It sucks because Live 10 had this pretty much down pat out of the box, but it seems we still need to adjust quite a bit to get the numbers in their general areas.

I have been debating trying it again though since it has been awhile since I've tried to play on default simulation with pro or all star difficulty, so maybe things have changed. I can't remember if I tried that set-up after the big patch.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

I started to play on default...if I win 2 in a row I increase the CPR sliders by 5 in each category...love the results...
Old 02-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I've tried it, but I've never been happy with the results when it comes to the stats at the end of a game I've played. Either there won't be enough foul shots, I'll have a hard time getting either team to crack 100 (I know it doesn't happen every game, but I went a good 10 games without it happening), or some other things that I'm forgetting right now.

It sucks because Live 10 had this pretty much down pat out of the box, but it seems we still need to adjust quite a bit to get the numbers in their general areas.

I have been debating trying it again though since it has been awhile since I've tried to play on default simulation with pro or all star difficulty, so maybe things have changed. I can't remember if I tried that set-up after the big patch.
Yeah, Live 10 out of the box was real good on default. Post-patch? Not so much.

I was thinking the same thing with 2K11, seeing as how I played All-Star/Simulation when I first got the game, then moved to sliders the past few months. I've just been curious to see how the game plays on those default settings now.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 02-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Casual NBA fan, Default, Pro, 6 minute quarters, and real field goal % shooting. Great games everytime I play. I usually play the NBA Today matches and haven't even started my association yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been using some sliders sets, but I'm thinking about going back to using default on all-star.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

I think the only problem I had with default settings was that when you played on Simulation, it was near-impossible to hit 3-pointers, especially if you had Real FG% (which I love) turned on.

I've been playing a lot of Jordan: Creating a Legend and MyPlayer recently and you can't change sliders in either of those modes. I've just been playing All-Star/Default and my shooting numbers are pretty good, and it's gotten me to thinking that would carry over to the other game modes as well.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 02-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I think the only problem I had with default settings was that when you played on Simulation, it was near-impossible to hit 3-pointers, especially if you had Real FG% (which I love) turned on.

I've been playing a lot of Jordan: Creating a Legend and MyPlayer recently and you can't change sliders in either of those modes. I've just been playing All-Star/Default and my shooting numbers are pretty good, and it's gotten me to thinking that would carry over to the other game modes as well.
Does real FG% affect the cpu FG%? I'm tired seeing the cpu drain just about shot taken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »