Home

Deeper recruiting??? Would anyone else support this

This is a discussion on Deeper recruiting??? Would anyone else support this within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Deeper recruiting??? Would anyone else support this

I have some ideas for what could happen but I would like to see if anyone else feels as I do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Deeper recruiting??? Would anyone else support this

does deeper = more time consuming? because i think its already at that limit before it becomes overly tedious
Old 02-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
Rookie

I wouldnt consider it time consuming but change some aspects, and add some small things like being able to see highschool game film, like five plays, and maybe lower the amount of push that calls have and have visits be more interactive. But one thing is in real life one of the major things colleges use is summer camps and if there could be that in the offseason it could give us acctual numbers and compare players side by side. Also competing to get the recruit to go to your camp over a rival schools. Just some ideas...
Old 02-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
Banned

Rotax's Arena

OVR: 3

I really like how recruiting is now
Old 02-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
Prime Time

Leon Sandcastle's Arena

OVR: 13

They should make it more realistic I hate seeing SS that have C- speed or seeing a DE that is 5'11 220lbs or a DT that is 5'10 240lbs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
Rookie

I dont want to drasticly change anything but wouldnt being able to see the players at a combine like setting help, and it would give more meaning to the offseason and also some combine numbers from game tape, i could go deeper but right now its to raw
Old 02-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I think it could be deeper, yet less time consuming. Of course, it all starts with the fact that the menus are horrifically slow and if they could fix that, recruiting would be much quicker. But other than those issues, the idea of talking to him about what he likes and doesn't like becomes very tedious. I actually miss the old days of assigning phone calls and visits in a quick amount of time. Maybe through those visits and phone calls you could just get feedback about what he likes and doesn't like instead of beating your head against the wall getting his low responses coming up every time. Then, if recruiting were like that, it could be deeper by being forced to "uncover" his grades on things instead of them just being there. That makes sense; you don't automatically know how good a recruit is until you recruit him in some way shape or form. I dunno... just some thoughts off the top of my head. I don't terribly dislike it now, I just think it could be better and more efficient.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I think it could be deeper, yet less time consuming. Of course, it all starts with the fact that the menus are horrifically slow and if they could fix that, recruiting would be much quicker. But other than those issues, the idea of talking to him about what he likes and doesn't like becomes very tedious. I actually miss the old days of assigning phone calls and visits in a quick amount of time. Maybe through those visits and phone calls you could just get feedback about what he likes and doesn't like instead of beating your head against the wall getting his low responses coming up every time. Then, if recruiting were like that, it could be deeper by being forced to "uncover" his grades on things instead of them just being there. That makes sense; you don't automatically know how good a recruit is until you recruit him in some way shape or form. I dunno... just some thoughts off the top of my head. I don't terribly dislike it now, I just think it could be better and more efficient.
I agree completly i like everything but how you just get point by talking about topics that you uncover after week two. Again does anyone think that a summer camp could work i would love to be able to see my actual players, this could be run like madden did for the my player type mode, a combine with the players doing some basic drills like 40's and Bench but also stuff like 1 on 1 line drills. Then we could see if the 4* DE can beat the 4* OT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »