Home

Same Stuff Ruining Long-Term Dynasty

This is a discussion on Same Stuff Ruining Long-Term Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Same Stuff Ruining Long-Term Dynasty

I am in my 12th year playing with Oregon in an offline dynasty. And last year I started to notice something that has been wrong with the game ever since I started playing it back in 1998. The polls, the mid-majors. It's all happening again.

After week 12, look who's in the BCS Top 25:
#4 Troy (5* Prestige,Played in NC prior year, still stuck in Sun Belt, only #20 Notre Dame is on their schedule)
#5 Houston (4* Prestige, only 2 ranked teams on schedule, one of whom is Ball St)
#11 Southern Miss (4* Prestige, No ranked teams on schedule)
#14 Northern Illinois
#24 Ball State (With TWO losses!)

The worst part is, these teams are showing signs of moving up in the recruiting rankings and are going to be around for years to come: TCU #2, Troy #8, #34 Southern Miss.

Normally I wouldn't mind if these teams went unbeaten, but the polls go nuts over unbeaten teams, any unbeaten regardless of schedule strength. Just last year Troy got in the NC game over a 1-loss Bama team who upset previously ranked #1 Florida in the SEC Title Game. It's been damn near 15 years and the polls are still screwy and with these new mid-majors starting to dominant their conferences, it means I have to go undefeated every single year to even have a chance at the Natty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Same Stuff Ruining Long-Term Dynasty

I've started creating coaches and tampering with these teams recruiting classes to try and re-distribute some of the talent to other teams
Old 02-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I've started creating coaches and tampering with these teams recruiting classes to try and re-distribute some of the talent to other teams

In my opinion the best way is to create coaches at the end of the season and take over the 5 and 4 star mid majors so then the conference change requests come to you. Then you can just delete the new coaches durring transfer requests or week 1 of off seasonr recruiting.

The benefit is two fold that the BCS conferences lose their 1 star teams andf the mid majors acctually have resonable competition.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
In my opinion the best way is to create coaches at the end of the season and take over the 5 and 4 star mid majors so then the conference change requests come to you. Then you can just delete the new coaches durring transfer requests or week 1 of off seasonr recruiting.

The benefit is two fold that the BCS conferences lose their 1 star teams andf the mid majors acctually have resonable competition.
That's a great idea. So if I create the coaches Bowl week, I should have no problem getting conference invites?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Rookie

I just sim/re-sim every game individually until I get the desired outcome. Sometimes I resort to a best 2 out of 3 coin flip for closely-matched teams.

Either way, mid-majors in my dynasty will have at least 2-3 losses each season, unless I figure one or two of them are good enough to have a cinderella season. But then the following season, it's back to normal for that team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

This used to be a problem in NCAA 2009. They fixed it in 2020 and now its back.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinewon
This used to be a problem in NCAA 2009. They fixed it in 2020 and now its back.
Lucky! I want NCAA 2020!

I never see the Mid-Majors Ranked in my SDSU dynasty (Except for SDSU). I'm in the fourth year, and all but a handful of 1* teams have made any progress whatsoever. (MTSU and UAB and 2*, and SDSU and ULL are 3***, but other than that, the 1* teams go 1-4 wins each year). Most mid majors average no more than 7 wins a year (Unless you count TCU, BOise, BYU, and Utah as mid majors)>
Old 02-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmoneyH3
I am in my 12th year playing with Oregon in an offline dynasty. And last year I started to notice something that has been wrong with the game ever since I started playing it back in 1998. The polls, the mid-majors. It's all happening again.

After week 12, look who's in the BCS Top 25:
#4 Troy (5* Prestige,Played in NC prior year, still stuck in Sun Belt, only #20 Notre Dame is on their schedule)
#5 Houston (4* Prestige, only 2 ranked teams on schedule, one of whom is Ball St)
#11 Southern Miss (4* Prestige, No ranked teams on schedule)
#14 Northern Illinois
#24 Ball State (With TWO losses!)

The worst part is, these teams are showing signs of moving up in the recruiting rankings and are going to be around for years to come: TCU #2, Troy #8, #34 Southern Miss.

Normally I wouldn't mind if these teams went unbeaten, but the polls go nuts over unbeaten teams, any unbeaten regardless of schedule strength. Just last year Troy got in the NC game over a 1-loss Bama team who upset previously ranked #1 Florida in the SEC Title Game. It's been damn near 15 years and the polls are still screwy and with these new mid-majors starting to dominant their conferences, it means I have to go undefeated every single year to even have a chance at the Natty.
That seems like a good thing to me...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »