Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

It is a little early, and a mod can lock this as he sees fit, but I liked reading through it last year and thought it may as well come back this year.

I'm either going to make a Closer/SU for the Braves or a position player for a random team

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

I'm gonna be a closer for the White Sox
Old 03-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

OVR: 9

Hopefully this year we don't get a direct choice as to what club we want to play for, because honestly I'd rather be drafted. But I'm planning on making multiple players, first being a CIF/OF if thats possible. I would love to be an all around UT player, because thats basically how I roll in real life. I'm also wanting to make a SP or CL, just because the pitching is so damn fun.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

I hope it's not like last years. I hated how everything come to you and the game didn't play as natural. I love the center fielder position, but the AI always hit ground ball to me and the scored a lot because the 2B or SS didn't attempt to make a play on the ball. I realized that 1B was the only position you could stop the AI from scoring, because they always hit the ball to you and it was an easy out.

But I want to make a freak center fielder. Big and fast like Calvin Johnson (for robbing and stealing bases), but with some slugging power.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

I'm making a 3rd baseman and using a random number generator if there isn't a draft in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #6
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
I'm making a 3rd baseman and using a random number generator if there isn't a draft in the game.
That's probably what I'll end up doing if there isn't a draft, either that or use the random team button that was there last year. One issue with least year's game was the fact that you never had a chance at getting traded, or even not signing with your current team to go to another.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzed
That's probably what I'll end up doing if there isn't a draft, either that or use the random team button that was there last year. One issue with least year's game was the fact that you never had a chance at getting traded, or even not signing with your current team to go to another.
You could request trades last year, but I agree with you that there also needs to be the options of being traded without you requesting it (and even no-trade clauses in your contracts) and also choosing to become a free agent.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #8
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
You could request trades last year, but I agree with you that there also needs to be the options of being traded without you requesting it (and even no-trade clauses in your contracts) and also choosing to become a free agent.
Yeah, I did that last year, shortly before I stopped playing it. I just felt like it was poorly implemented, because if I remember right I just kinda got teleported onto the other teams roster and lineup card. It just seemed awkward for whatever reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »