Home

Madden NFL 12 COVER DETAILS in march 2011 Finally

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 COVER DETAILS in march 2011 Finally within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 12 COVER DETAILS in march 2011 Finally

Madden 12 Cover Details Coming Later This Month
Published March 4th, 2011

With all the hype about the NCAA Football 12 cover, we knew it would only be a matter of time until we got wind of the Madden 12 cover details, but we could be getting them sooner than usual.

Packers’ QB Aaron Rodgers is one of many great candidates for the Madden cover this year.
In an email correspondence with an EA Spokesperson, GoMadden has been informed that details regarding the Madden NFL 12 cover will be discussed very soon, leaving some to wonder if the cover athlete will be voted upon by fans for the second year in a row.
EA Spokesperson: “We’ll be discussing the Madden NFL 12 cover later in March.”
Madden 12 Cover Speculation

A good case could be made that a willingness to discuss the Madden 12 cover sometime in March is a strong sign that a voting system will once again be implemented. EA has made it a trend over the last four years not to announce Madden’s cover athlete(s) until late April, with last year breaking the mold due in part to its Doritos “Change The Game” cover voting promotion. Financially, it makes sense as well for EA to bring fans and sponsors together for its annual cover announcement; why announce something for free, when you can make money doing it?
Facebook is a likely candidate for EA to take their cover announcement to. With NCAA Football owning nearly half a million fans on Facebook (and growing rapidly thanks to its new cover promotion), and EA’s continued push toward micro-transactions, it might be a good time for Madden NFL to start building up fans on its official Facebook page, which sits nearly one hundred thousand below its college brother right now.

Last edited by MaddenNFL12; 03-04-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 12:33 AM   #2

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden NFL 12 COVER DETAILS in march 2011 Finally

It'll be Rodgers.

He fits IMO.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
It'll be Rodgers.

He fits IMO.
Rodgers will likely get it because he was the winning QB in the Super Bowl. Still, I think Brady should get it for having an incredible year: 36 TDs and just 4 interceptions, and he was Sporting News NFL offensive player of the year.

And Brady was named NFL MVP.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

They used to pick the cover athlete depending on sort of where the game was heading in terms of what their core focus was. The past generation, every cover athlete was a great tidbit of ok, their focusing on defense (Ray Lewis) or the running game (Marshall Faulk) etc. Now it just seems as if they pick anyone or have us fans pick.

I rather the athlete on the cover be tied to what big features they're doing again. I could careless for people voted covers because people always pick their favorite athlete. I rather EA picks for us. Yes it might sound dumb, but in this case i rather my decision be made for me.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

It only seems fit this year to put Rodgers on the cover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I can see valid discussion about the possible cover athlete being relevant, but the thread just seems to just be an advertisement for gomadden.com. Article is just copied and pasted, no other contribution to start the thread.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
It'll be Rodgers.

He fits IMO.
NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Rodgers better not come anywhere near this cover. Please God no!!!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #8

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
Rodgers will likely get it because he was the winning QB in the Super Bowl. Still, I think Brady should get it for having an incredible year: 36 TDs and just 4 interceptions, and he was Sporting News NFL offensive player of the year.

And Brady was named NFL MVP.
It's your opinion but, I don't feel like Brady fits. Not this year despite what he did. There's a pretty good chance it's gonna be Rodgers. I could be wrong but, I'm usually pretty good at predicting the cover. I think I was the only one who predicted Troy and Fitz to be on the cover together. Don't know why just had a hunch.

I can see Brady on the cover but, I get a good vibe that it will be Rodgers. this year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »