Home

Old 03-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Player Vault

For those of you that are lucky enough to already have the game,how is the player vault? This is what I'm really excited about this year, I like to create alot of the historic players and this feature will save me tons of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
TK-421

M11x's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Player Vault

The player vault isn't up yet. Sportsconnect isn't online until the release.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

There's a screen of it in the "what's new" section...literally is the roster vault just with players.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Yes...roster vault for players.
There is some extra sort options on it...one being the uploader...which should make searching for players you like being made by certain editors pretty easy.
There were also toying with being able to search by letter....I wonder if that made it in?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
Rookie

emath's Arena

OVR: 2

So, I have been reading reviews, and Knight, maybe you can correct me if I am wrong.

You don't actually need to use the roster vault if you don't want your players to be made public, correct? You can just export the player to your HD, and then import them into your roster file, right?

Otherwise, classic guys would be creating 700+ guys, and uploading most of them to the player vault, just to turn around and d/l them back into their final roster file. This would make all of their work available before they ever uploaded the final roster and clutter up the roster vault with tons of players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by emath
So, I have been reading reviews, and Knight, maybe you can correct me if I am wrong.

You don't actually need to use the roster vault if you don't want your players to be made public, correct? You can just export the player to your HD, and then import them into your roster file, right?

Otherwise, classic guys would be creating 700+ guys, and uploading most of them to the player vault, just to turn around and d/l them back into their final roster file. This would make all of their work available before they ever uploaded the final roster and clutter up the roster vault with tons of players.
Correct...no actual need for the Vault except to share them with others.
You can just keep creating and exporting players...moving them onto your PC in different folders...or whatever your needs might be.
As many as you want to create...and export...you can.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
Rookie

emath's Arena

OVR: 2

Do you have to export them to a USB drive or something? Can they just be saved as a player file on your PS3? I mean, I have plenty of USB space for this if needed, just wondering.

Oh, and thanks for the quick reply.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #8
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by emath
Do you have to export them to a USB drive or something? Can they just be saved as a player file on your PS3? I mean, I have plenty of USB space for this if needed, just wondering.

Oh, and thanks for the quick reply.
From the game...directly to the HDD...
The file looks just like a roster save(the little box)...and you can name it as you wish.
I just thought...it would be cool if the save gave you a snapshot of the player face.
I gotta suggest that to Kolbe!

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »