Home

Stanley McClover & HBO

This is a discussion on Stanley McClover & HBO within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39
Stanley McClover & HBO

Apparently, HBO is doing a special on "pay for play" at Auburn. Stanley McClover was interviewed and he wanted other former AU players to on it. This prompted an article that's up on AU's Rivals site that is essentially calling McClover a liar.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1196941

If you have a Rivals account, go read that article.

This excerpt is some ****...

Quote:
Rosegreen spoke to McClover just before McClover interviewed with HBO. McClover wanted Rosegreen to be included in the segment.

"Stanley left me a message saying, '(HBO) is doing a story about my life and I want you to be a part of it.' And I was fine with that," said Rosegreen. "Then I found out the story wasn't going to be about Stanley's life, it was going to be about him trying to throw Auburn under the bus. I immediately called Stanley and told him I'm not doing anything and he better not use my name. I told him that I am not going to be a part of that because it's bull [crap].

"He said he was going to talk about getting paid to go to Auburn and I know that is a lie. I don't believe a word he says. He's not a man you can trust. I know him and I don't want to be a part of anything he has going on."

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Stanley McClover & HBO

This has been out for a while. HBO was doing a segment on College Football as a whole, and recruiting, they interviewed McClover for it.

Stanley McClover didn't make it in the NFL, has no money, and is making claims that his HS teammates, college ceammates, HS coaches, and college coaches all refute.

HBO contacted other Auburn players trying to get them to say they were paid, McClover found a way to get some money.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Old news....
Old 03-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

How is this old news? Show me where this was talked about before recently..

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 03-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #5
Rookie

AFA_Falcons's Arena

OVR: 4

Old news is kind of a weird term in this era. It Isn't old news in the real definition of the word, but in this world of instant news and twitter and the like, it is. I think i first heard stuff about Stanley about 2 weeks ago.

Whatever you want to believe about Auburn and cheating and whatever, that's fine, but this story REEKS of a guy ratting out former colleagues to make money (think Jose Canseco) and those are rarely true. It's really sad to see a former Auburn player do this, but it was bound to happen with the sheer volume of fringe NFL players that were big players at Auburn, and a company like HBO looking for an easy story that could make them quite a bit of money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

Isn't there a player from Bama who is suppose to be making the same claim on that same HBO special?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFA_Falcons
Old news is kind of a weird term in this era. It Isn't old news in the real definition of the word, but in this world of instant news and twitter and the like, it is. I think i first heard stuff about Stanley about 2 weeks ago.

Whatever you want to believe about Auburn and cheating and whatever, that's fine, but this story REEKS of a guy ratting out former colleagues to make money (think Jose Canseco) and those are rarely true. It's really sad to see a former Auburn player do this, but it was bound to happen with the sheer volume of fringe NFL players that were big players at Auburn, and a company like HBO looking for an easy story that could make them quite a bit of money.
I don't think Jose Canseco is the example you want to use...pretty much everything he said was true.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5000
Isn't there a player from Bama who is suppose to be making the same claim on that same HBO special?
Chris Keys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »