Home

TNK & PsychoBulk ***The Perfect Slider Set 2011 Edition***

This is a discussion on TNK & PsychoBulk ***The Perfect Slider Set 2011 Edition*** within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
TNK & PsychoBulk ***The Perfect Slider Set 2011 Edition***

I'm psyched to announce that PsychoBulk and TNKNGM have decided to work together this year in an effort to produce the ultimate slider set for MLB 11 The Show.

Last year, we each had very good slider sets that were similar to each others set in many ways. Each of our sets were 2 of the most downloaded sets on SportsConnect and they both recieved very high marks while each of our slider threads were among the most active threads in the slider forums.

HERE IS THE INITIAL TNK & PSYCHOBULK SLIDERS (TESTING VERSION 1.0)
These are uploaded to SportsConnect as - TNK-PB PERFECT SLIDER 1.0

LAST UPDATE: AUGUST 12, 2011

Human Contact - 7
Human Power - 4
Human Timing - 5
Human Foul Frequency - 5
Human Solid Hits - 4
Human Starter Stamina - 5
Human Reliever Stamina - 2
Human Pitcher Control - 5
Human Pitcher Consistency - 6
CPU Contact - 6
CPU Power - 4
CPU Timing - 5
CPU Foul Frequency - 5
CPU Solid Hits - 4
CPU Starter Stamina - 5
CPU Reliever Stamina - 2
CPU Pitcher Control - 5
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 5
CPU Strike Frequency - 1
CPU Manager Hook - 5
CPU Pickoffs - 5
Pitch Speed - 4
Fielding Errors - 7
Throwing Errors - 5
Fielder Run Speed - 2
Fielder Reaction - 5
Fielder Arm Strength - 3
Baserunner Speed - 4
Baserunner Steal Ability - 4
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 5
Wind - 3
Injury Frequency - 6

Thanks
TNK & Psycho

Last edited by TNKNGM; 08-13-2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: AUGUST UPDATE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Re: TNK & PsychoBulk ***The Perfect Slider Set 2011 Edition***

HERE IS WHAT I AM USING FOR SETTINGS & OPTIONS (NOT SLIDERS)

GAMEPLAY OPTIONS
Hitting Difficulty - All Star
Hitting Interface - Zone
Plate Coverage Indicator - Off
Bunt Interface - Classic
Guess Pitch - Off
Hitting View - Catcher 3
Swing/Pitch Info - On
Pitching Difficulty - All-Star
Pitching Interface - Meter
Pitching Ball marker - Fade
Pitching View - Catcher 3
Pitch Callout - Full
Pitching Confidence - On
Pitch Delay - Normal
API - Default
Strike Zone - OFF
Balks - On
Throwing Interface - (User Preference) (I use Buttons)
Throwing Decision - Off
Throwing Meter - Off
Throw Cancelling - On
Fielding Decision - Assist
Fielding 1 Button Dive/Jump - Off
Fielding View Offense- Medium
Fielding View Defense - Medium
Catch Region Indicator - On
Catch Position Indicator - On
Tag Up Indicator - On
Rob HR Indicator - On
Controller Fielding - OFF
Baserunning Interface - Default
Baserunning Decisions - Assist
Sliding Decisions - Assist
Controller Sliding - OFF
Umpire Balls & Strikes - Variable
Umpire Close Plays - ON
Check Swing Appeal - ON
Injuries - ON
Ejections - ON

Last edited by TNKNGM; 03-23-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great news to hear. No sense of having two sets of sliders if both of urs are so similar.

Things I have done to ur slider set btw.

I made CPU strike frequency 3. Made them pitch way off the plate for far too many pitches.

I raised CPU control to 5, and consistency to 6. The CPU seems just fine with their control, real aces like Roy will destroy you with his edge pitches like he should, but others do lose a bit of control. I rose consistency because they lost confidence in their pitches way too fast and started to throw all over the place.

I use fielder speed at 0. 2 seems ok as well, I dont see too much of a difference, either way u will miss hits you should miss and still have to chase down ones that are already out of your reach.

I also have CPU power at 3, they hit a good # of HRs this way, and not too many. Real threats still pose a real threat, but at 5 I was seeing people like Jimmy Rollins cracking them out at 400+ ft.

I have both solid hits at 4. User preference, most the other sets use it at 4 I think.

CPU foul frequency at 0. Otherwise they will battle you out all day long, most important change to me.

Plissken has errors at 7 and 8 respectively. I use these with Analog on Veteran and see good results. Plenty of times I have it hit red and saw nice saves by Teixara. The CPU pitchers however have way too many dirt CBs. Dunno if this is their control or the catchers fielding just dropping them.

I use a combo of urs, Marino's, and Plisskens sliders. But thats all that is really different.

P.S. I also have Fielder reaction at 2. Dunno why, I think Snake has it at that. I basically use all of his global sliders, a mix of urs and Marinos for the other stuff. I also use ur Player Sound pack. Only bothered to set up the Yanks though.

Last edited by lVlAtlZiX; 03-18-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
Great news to hear. No sense of having two sets of sliders if both of urs are so similar.
Did you use either of our sets from last year?

Last edited by TNKNGM; 03-18-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

I just started using yours last night TNK and was very pleased with my first three games. I'll give these a go and report back with some stats.

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I actually downloaded both last year. However I was new to The Show and got my but whooped. I used Titus/Trinity's sliders, but now those are too easy. I edited my above post. I use a mix of urs, Marinos, and Plisskens for now. But urs is so close to default is what I mean, so is Psycho. I remember plenty differences in 2010's though.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey TNK and Psych thanks for working on these. TNK just wanted to know if you think these sliders would translate well if I use Timing for hitting and Classic pitching? I really feel that both of these are the way to go this year. Also, do you think ALL Star might be a bit too easy? Seemed to me that HOF is the new All Star. I've been working very hard on my own HOF set and I'm very close to releasing mine. But I always respect both of your sliders so I'm excited to try them out.

I was relieved to see CPU Strike Freq at 0. I thought I was the only one that the CPU was always throwing first pitch strikes too all game long. I also had Solid hits at 2 with all the other hitting sliders at default and pitch speed at 4. 5 just seem too fast and I was striking out like crazy. BaseRunner steal ability might be a little to high, especially with Fielder arm strength lowered.

Anyways like I said thanks alot guys. I'm really looking forward to these like I do every year. Mine are very close to being released and I think I'm dead on in capturing some realistic sliders. Let me know if ya'll need any help

Last edited by topside; 03-18-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 AM   #8
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by topside
Hey TNK and Psych thanks for working on these. TNK just wanted to know if you think these sliders would translate well if I use Timing for hitting and Classic pitching? I really feel that both of these are the way to go this year. Also, do you think ALL Star might be a bit too easy? Seemed to me that HOF is the new All Star. I've been working very hard on my own HOF set and I'm very close to releasing mine. But I always respect both of your sliders so I'm excited to try them out.

I was relieved to see CPU Strike Freq at 0. I thought I was the only one that the CPU was always throwing first pitch strikes too all game long. I also had Solid hits at 2 with all the other hitting sliders at default and pitch speed at 4. 5 just seem too fast and I was striking out like crazy. BaseRunner steal ability might be a little to high, especially with Fielder arm strength lowered.

Anyways like I said thanks alot guys. I'm really looking forward to these like I do every year. Mine are very close to being released and I think I'm dead on in capturing some realistic sliders. Let me know if ya'll need any help
I do think these will translate just fine for Timing Hitting and Classic Pitching. My preference is to stick with Zone Hitting and Meter Pitching for now though.

All-Star difficulty has been fine so far for me. I have had wins and losses, tight games and blowout, low scoring and offensive explosions.

CPU strike Frequency at 0 is a must for me. I have drawn 4 pitch walks, had 10 pitch at bats, the CPU isn't an automoatic 1st pitch strike and usually keep the CPU Strike % around the 60% to 66% range - sometimes a little higher, sometimes lower.

Pitch Speed at 4 is working good for me - the ball still gets on you in a hurry and I am striking out at a decent rate while still being able to hit well if I am on my game and recognizing the ball out o fthe pitchers hand. I felt like I was able to tee off too easily on 3. With the speed at 4 - it all comes down to recognizing the pitch quickly and deciding to swing....you have to be ready!

As for throw speed and stealing - I have been gunned down using Carl Crawford. I threw out Julio Borbon with Saltalamacchia and then had Michael Young swipe a base on me. Right now I don't see a reason to change any of those.

I like the feel right now with Fielder Reaction Time raised and the Fielder Speed dropped down. Throw Speed had to be reduced because of the cannon arms.

PsychoBulk will be chiming in soon and we will get to work on these. Please start banging out some games and given constructive feedback. We will consider that feedback but we will be making the decisions on this. Once we release an official set - you are free to tweak them to your liking. Let's keep this constructive though and not let it turn into any pissing contests.

Last edited by TNKNGM; 03-18-2011 at 01:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »