Home

recruiting help?

This is a discussion on recruiting help? within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10
recruiting help?

i need help with the basics of recruiting. how do points factor? how do you get more points? some weeks i only have like 90 pts to play with but others i have like 250? also any tips for recruiting with a small school (UC Davis) in closed legacy mode? any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 02:31 AM   #2
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: recruiting help?

The amount of points is determined by how many games you have that week. If you don't play any games, you're going to have a lot more points than if you play 3.

As far as recruiting at small schools, I suggest doing a search here as there are plenty of informative threads on the subject. There are two ways really. One if the non-cheap, more difficult way. The other is the cheap and easy way. To have success the non-cheap way, two things are your friend, municipal/local players and junior college players. If a player is municipal or local you have a much better chance of getting them if they want to play close to home. You can sometimes snag a decent 3* JC player at small schools as well. That's all I got for now, but like I said do a search and you'll find loads of information.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 03-19-2011, 03:23 AM   #3
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

alright will do thanks man

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 03-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

I think I said this somewhere else but the ABL is your best friend. You can find a lot of 2* or 3* recruits that average a solid 9 points and what not that fit your system. There are a lot of little things about recruiting because recruiting on CHoops is very complex so it is very hard to explain recruiting without actually being there with you showing you things.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Just to back up what has been said. Make use of the ABL. You can find some nice players. Also recruit within your means. The local kids are easier to land then most. JuCo players can give you an instant boost. Look for 3* and even 2* that have big school listed. Most big school want sign them and you can sometimes move in and get them. This is much easier once you have won some games and made some noise in the tournament. The best thing anyone can tell you is to make full use of the ABL. Play games with players that you may want to sign. I take all the shoots with players I target. I don't worry so much about stats. I use to to weed out the crap to find the players. I also like to recruit players and move them around. I like to move big small forwards to power forward. I move big 2-guards to small forward. I also recruit players that fit a system. If you like to shoot 3's then find those players vs slashers who can't shoot. Good luck man recruiting gets easier as you go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

One stupid question about ABL: when a player will join your team ? At the beginning of thev1st season or at the end of the 1st season ?
Could you give me some more information how to recruit a player ?
I have some confusion about the timing...
Thanks
...as you can imagine i just start to play with this wonderfoul game that i bought 2 yrs ago...
Old 03-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #7

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Some nitty gritty tips on recruiting.

Tip #1: As others have said, stay Municipal/Local and sometimes venture to Regional(if you only have one scholarship

Tip #2: Play/Coach ABL games to identify hidden gems(A lot of 20/10 F/Cs are 3 stars and rated 200 and below). Generally what you'll find is that 4/5 star players are well rounded, while 2/3 star players are normally good at one thing(Def/Pass/Reb/3pt).

Tip #3: Make your team well-rounded, what worked for me(I coached, not played mind you) was I'd go with a Passing PG(normally 4.0APG and up in ABL) Scoring SG(10.0PPG and up), defensive SF, reb PF(10.0 RPG and up), and a double double C. You can't always find these players but tried to stick to that.

Tip #4: Don't shy away from World Recruits(if you want a really cheap way, you can normally create them and recruit them, i admit to doing this once because there were 0 scoring SGs) Every now and then you can get a 4 or 5 star WOR recruit by hammering until the final day of recruiting.

Tip #4: This is essential, Charisma, Charisma, Charisma. First thing I upped on my coach is Charisma, and both my assistants have high charisma(both are A+ currently), this will give your actions more effect.

Tip #5: JUCO's are nice, and they're good filler, but generally I only go after them in the final five weeks of recruiting.

Tip #6: Players don't always come in at the right position, I recruited a 4 star SG at Wisconsin(not the greatest example for a small school but still) he was 6'10" and 240 lbs. Immediately moved him to PF and he was a monster for four years.

Other useful tips: Use your attribute points in Charisma, then Teaching, then Discipline. Charisma will help you recruit as previously stated, Teaching/Discipline both effect development.

If you go to a big school, and don't want that prized five star recruit leaving early, manually set his training so they don't get the all-around bonus to awareness. Generally this will shave 3-4 points off his awareness rating per year(that he'd gain on basic all-around training), Those with high awareness go pro(Probably cause they're aware there is a big pay day awaiting them)

Also spread your recruiting out, I like to have only 3 scholarships per year and recruit/redshirt accordingly.

hope this helps you enjoy the game like i do.

Last edited by Suntan Superman; 03-24-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks for the very helpful info. There seems to be some that's stayed the same since CH2k5, but plenty that has changed. This has really helped me bring myself up to speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »