Home

Ellerbrock's Excellent Adventure (MLB 11 The Show - RTTS)

This is a discussion on Ellerbrock's Excellent Adventure (MLB 11 The Show - RTTS) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ellerbrock's Excellent Adventure (MLB 11 The Show - RTTS)

Player: Charlie Ellerbrock
No.: 9
Pos.: Starting Pitcher
Throws: Right
Bats: Switch
Pitches: 2-seam fastball, slider, circle change, and knuckleball

(I'm going to update (one post) one series at a time, concentrating on Ellerbrock's starts, but covering a little on the other Angels games, division standings and other worthy notes. I don't have the resources to post movies or pictures so hopefully just a text based story will be just as fun to follow. Let me know.)

Background: The 18 year old is drafted by San Diego and started the 2011 season at AA San Antonio. Went 9-5 in first half of first professional season and was named starter in the Texas League All-Star Game. A week after the break, was traded to New York for Jorge Posada.

Struggled with AAA Scranton-Wilkes Barre the rest of 2011, but was resigned and was the ace of the staff to begin 2012. In fourth start of the season a broken hand lands Ellerbrock on the 60-day DL. He returned to the mound in mid-July, but after four appearances, was again traded, (part of a four player trade) this time to the Angels.

For the Salt Lake Bees (Los Angeles Angels AAA affiliate), Ellerbrock pitched very well to finish the year and was offered a 1-year deal worth 2.6 million, which he signed. The Angels felt Ellerbrock would be their ace at AAA to begin 2013, but after a excellent spring training (2-2, 2.90 ERA), he was told he had made the big club and would be the number three starter in the rotation.

The Angels finished 2012 with a 75-87 record, nine games back of division winning Oakland. The A's went on to defeat San Francisco 4 games to 2 in the World Series.

Let the story begin.....

Last edited by hoxltc; 03-22-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
Rookie

April 5-7, 2013

April 5-7, 2013 at Texas

The Angels split the opening two games of the season against the Rangers, losing opening day 2-0, but rebounding with a 4-2 triumph.

Ellerbrock is sharp from the onset in his first major league appearance. He strikes out the first batter (Elvis Andrus) he faces and sets the side down in order. The Angels stake their rookie pitcher to a 3-0 lead in the top of the second with Grady Sizemore clubbing a 2-run triple and then scoring on Howie Kendrick's RBI double.

Ellerbrock strikes out the side in the second inning (including Josh Hamilton, who is ejected after arguing the call) and works into the seventh, where after filling the bases with one out he is pulled. The bull pen allows one run to score, but shuts the door there.

"I was nervous, but after that first hitter it was just another ball game," said Ellerbrock. "It was a big lift getting those three runs right away and the bullpen boys did a great job closing the deal. This was a great night, things went my way and hopefully that will continue that way for us as a team and me as a player."

The Angels put the game away with another three runs in the top of the ninth with the big blow being a two-out, two-run double from Torii Hunter. The Rangers get a run in the bottom of the frame, but the Angels go on to a 6-2 win, with Ellerbrock picking up his first MLB win.

Ellerbrock's Line: 6.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1ER, 3 BB, 4 K (W, 1-0) (97 pitches-61 strikes).

Last edited by hoxltc; 03-23-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Ellerbrock's Excellent Adventure (MLB 11 The Show - RTTS)

April 8-10, 2013 at Oakland

The A's take two of three from the visiting Angels.

April 12-14, 2013 vs. Minnesota

The Twins take game one of the three game set with a 2-0 win.

Ellerbrock gives up a first inning home run to Joe Mauer, but the Angels score a pair in their half on a 2-run homer from Kendry Morales. The home team scores two more in the second on a 2-run single by Dioner Navarro to make it 4-1. Angel second-basemen Kelly Johnson pushes it to 5-1 with a sacrifice fly in the third.

"I was a little more relaxed and made some better pitches tonight," said Ellerbrock about his second major league start. "The guys gave me another early lead and I was able to hold the lead...bearly."

The Twins touch Ellerbrock for a run in the fourth and in the seventh Jason Kubel launches a home run to right to cut the Angel lead to 5-3. The rookie right-hander is lifted after the seventh and although the Twins get a run in the eight, Kevin Jepsen sets Minnesota down in order in the ninth to preserve a 5-4 victory for the Angels (4-4) and Ellerbrock.

Ellerbrock's Line: 7 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 5 K (W, 2-0) (92 pitches, 61 strikes)

The Angels take 2-of-3 from the Twins as they score a come-from-behind 6-5 win in the final game of the set, scoring two in the bottom of the ninth.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Re: Ellerbrock's Excellent Adventure (MLB 11 The Show - RTTS)

April 15-17, 2013 at New York

The Yankees take two of three from the Angels.

April 18-21, 2013 at Cleveland

Ellerbrock and Indian starter Bret Rincon matched each other pitch for pitch through the opening five frames. However the Angels were able to knock Rincon out in the top of the sixth with RBI hits from Morales, Johnson and Hunter to make it 3-0.

"This was the best game, stuff wise I've had in my three starts this season," said Ellerbrock. "I felt I made some really good pitches, especially in the sixth, but I didn't in the seventh. I was tired and I shouldn't be after 94 pitches. Stamina is something I need to work on."

The visitors and Ellerbrock worked out of a jam in the Cleveland sixth, but after allowing a one-out, two-run double to Shin-Soo Choo, he was pulled. However the Angels bullpen shut the door the rest of the way and the Angels (7-6) escaped with a hard fought 3-2 win.

Ellerbrock's Line: 7.1 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (W, 3-0) (94 pitches, 64 strikes)

Final Three Game of Series with Cleveland

G2 – W, 6-3: Morales 2-5, double, HR, 3 RBI; Sizemore 3-5, HR, 2 RBI; Ivan Nova 7 IP, 3 ER, (W, 1-0).

G3 – W, 10-6: Hunter, Morales, and Johnson 2 RBI each; Jeff Suppan 6 IP, 4 ER (W, 1-0).

G4 – L, 1-6: Sizemore 2-3, SB; Hunter RBI; Weaver 6 IP, 2 ER (L,0-2).

Last edited by hoxltc; 03-23-2011 at 10:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »