Home

Strike Zone On/Off. How are Hot Zones Effected?

This is a discussion on Strike Zone On/Off. How are Hot Zones Effected? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 03-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Strike Zone On/Off. How are Hot Zones Effected?

With the strike zone off, does that mean that blue and red zones are irrelevant?

I've read conflicting things on this, and was hoping that creating this thread could bud the discussion that finally lead to a definitive answer.

How is the game actually impacted if hot zones are disabled with the strike zone off? How are hitters impacted?

How is the game impacted when the hot zones are turned off but the strike zone is turned on? The same as strike zone on, hot zones on?

I'm pretty confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Strike Zone On/Off. How are Hot Zones Effected?

It's all factored in, whether hot zones are on or not. You just don't see them when turned off, obviously.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
MVP

That's what I was thinking, but the menu description is pretty vague...or I'm just too stupid to understand it.

It says something to the effect, "When the strike zone is turned off, hot zones will be ignored." Or something like that.

Some posters on OS have interpreted that to mean exactly what you said, you just will not be able to see them during gameplay.

But some others have insisted that turning the strike zone off means that literally a hitter has no worse skill on a ball pitched in a blue zone.

I can kind of see why they see it that way, based on the wording.

Does anyone have a definite answer on this?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Can't you see the batters zones if you hit select and check the matchup? This leads me to believe that they are still active you just can't see them from the pitching/batting screen.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
Can't you see the batters zones if you hit select and check the matchup? This leads me to believe that they are still active you just can't see them from the pitching/batting screen.
Yes. I don't believe they all turn a neutral color when strike zones are off.

But, the wording in the description is odd.

I guess the question is: Does 'ignored' simply mean the ability to see them while pitching, or does it mean completely irrelevant with the strike zone turned off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

There is a static hot and cold zone for each batter at the plate when you hit the select button to bring up that screen. My thinking is there has to be a hot and cold zone operating behind the scenes to differentiate batters. To me when they are ON they are dynamic and when you have them off you have a static default hot and cold zone which is in the select screen.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
There is a static hot and cold zone for each batter at the plate when you hit the select button to bring up that screen. My thinking is there has to be a hot and cold zone operating behind the scenes to differentiate batters. To me when they are ON they are dynamic and when you have them off you have a static default hot and cold zone which is in the select screen.
The game defaults with Strike Zones ON, and Hot Zones OFF for advanced profile difficulty. I'm not sure what that means, or what they default to at lower profile difficulties...anyway, question for you:

So, do you feel like the Strike Zone is irrelevant to the Hot Zones, and ONLY toggling Hot Zones make it dynamic and/or static?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
Pro

Fictionix's Arena

OVR: 10

I know this doesnt really answer anything but i personally turn off the strike zones cause the box thing annoys me plus I know the zone

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »