Home

A BEAUTIFUL THANG

This is a discussion on A BEAUTIFUL THANG within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A BEAUTIFUL THANG

I finally fought a dude who was nothing but "SIM". I player who finally played the game the way it was intended to be played. No spamming, no chessing, no video gaming, no hate mail afterwards, just pure boxing. ANd it was GREAT! If players would just play this game the way it's meant to be played they wouldn't complain so much. Because they would see that when this game is played "THE RIGHT WAY" its the best boxing game ever made(and arguably the best sporting game) . It's the spammers and the "video gammers" who make this game look bad.
After the fight I messaged this player and gave him major props, and he gentlemanly gave me a reply back of "GF you too", jus like in real boxing. If you didn't know, boxing is a "gentleman's sport". Yes boxing is a individual sport meant for glory but there is also a respect factor, and anyone who has watched a boxing match has seen the camaraderie after the fight is over.
I guess what I'm really trying to say is that if players would try to play the game the way it was meant to be played then they would get a better satisfaction & essence of what boxing is all about. I fought this player and I don't know how I won(lol seriously!), The match was that "REAL!", and I can say that because I'm a fighter in my own right. I can understand how some players feel that "They gotta do what they gotta do to win", but what are you really getting out of the game? Try playing the game the right way and I insure you, that win or lose, you will come out of that match with the same feeling I had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: A BEAUTIFUL THANG

100% agree. I have been fortunate that my last 4 fights have been "sim". When you do find a fight like that, this game is so fun. I find the best guys to fight in head to head in the middleweight division. I don't care if I win or lose. I just want to have a fun fight. If I do come across a spammer or cheeser, I fight hard for a round or two and if it gets annoying I just let him KO me. He's happy, I'm happy, we both move on.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimos44
100% agree. I have been fortunate that my last 4 fights have been "sim". When you do find a fight like that, this game is so fun. I find the best guys to fight in head to head in the middleweight division. I don't care if I win or lose. I just want to have a fun fight. If I do come across a spammer or cheeser, I fight hard for a round or two and if it gets annoying I just let him KO me. He's happy, I'm happy, we both move on.
I've been doing the same thing as of late. I usually don't quit, but I really don't care anymore to tell you the truth. If you wanna waste my time with chessing and spamming I'll give you the win, and believe me I hate to lose. But I'd rather have fun then stress myself out with playing a spammer, cheeser, "videogamer". I just move on.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 44

I think the greatest thing about the gym we're in is that you will only get great fights, sim fights when it really counts. In the lobby it will continue to be hit or miss. I agree it's great when you enter the ring and leave it knowing you played a great competitor.

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on twitter@UFL2012
Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I got into a fight with a huge body spammer yesterday in the middleweight class. It was jab spam after jab spam for 4 rounds. I messaged him with no response so I took the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th rounds off. I ran and throw zero punches. He chased me around trying to body spam me to death. He was exhausted in the 9th and I layed it on him. Knocked him down with a minute left. Then knocked him down twice in the 10th for the win.

The final stats read that he threw 1025 body shots to 23 head shots with over 900 being jabs.

I just had to laugh about it. I really don't enjoy fights like that. In my opinion it's not how the game was designed to be played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I got into a fight with a huge body spammer yesterday in the middleweight class. It was jab spam after jab spam for 4 rounds. I messaged him with no response so I took the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th rounds off. I ran and throw zero punches. He chased me around trying to body spam me to death. He was exhausted in the 9th and I layed it on him. Knocked him down with a minute left. Then knocked him down twice in the 10th for the win.

The final stats read that he threw 1025 body shots to 23 head shots with over 900 being jabs.

I just had to laugh about it. I really don't enjoy fights like that. In my opinion it's not how the game was designed to be played.
People like that dont understand boxing. They need to play street fighter or Marvel vs. Capcom where you can button mash and spam all you want. I have yet to play an online game yet.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan G.
People like that dont understand boxing. They need to play street fighter or Marvel vs. Capcom where you can button mash and spam all you want. I have yet to play an online game yet.
I don't think it's about whether or not they understand boxing, it's about their need to win.

Then there are the guys who start out fighting "sim" but if they get in trouble they resort to the jab body spam.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Steelernut,

It is obvious to me as well that if played correctly, FNC provides a very fun immersive Boxing experience. My only issue is that I have no one to play this with in this fashion. Furthermore, it appears that only playing the AI seems to exacerbate the problem for me trying to improve while staying true to "sim" tendencies. The game is just not programed to play "sim" against the the CPU. If it is and there are some settings I can implement, please let me know. In a nutshell, i would like to play other "sim" players to improve my game while learning effective tactics that are "sim" oriented.

I am on the PS3 and my ID is MrMars909, and I have a mic. I am hoping to attract some people that not only want to fight "sim" but are willing to help others improve at the same time. Finally, I agree that it is a "beautiful thang" when this game is played properly. Now it is time to give back to the community, and help spread this around so more people play the game like it was meant to be played.

MrMars

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »