Home

PS3 and MLB 11 show freezing during load screen

This is a discussion on PS3 and MLB 11 show freezing during load screen within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
PS3 and MLB 11 show freezing during load screen

Here's my problem, I put in mlb 11 and start playing S.F. at L.A, everything is great. I turn it off and then fire it up later Bos at NYY during the load screen it gets stuck, I try it again three more times and it happens every time, Bos at NYY. So I try the rebuilding of the database. I follow all the steps and then start up the game it then prompts me to download I believe 1.16 and then it stops at 91% every time for up to a half hour, any ideas thanks in advance. Before I deleted the info and tried to re download 1.16, I couldn't get past the Warning statement prompt screen, that would come up and then it would go blank forever. That's why I tried to re download the 1.16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
Re: PS3 and MLB 11 show freezing during load screen

What PS3 model do you have?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Its a slim i got about a year and a half ago.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Its a slim I got a year and a half ago, any ideas anyone
Old 04-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'd say wait a little longer with regard to rebuilding the database; I seem to remember mine having strange percentage freezes where I worried I would have to restart my system and corrupt all of my files or something, but it ended up continuing anyway.

If not, back up all of your save data (not with the backup tool because that will still cause the same fragmented problems you're having now) and other media you want to keep, and format your hard drive. Then put everything back on, rebuild the database for good measure, and reinstall your games.

The only way I can see this being an issue is if you don't have PS+ so you can't back up your files for The Show because of the copyright protection issue. If this is a last-resort plan you have in mind, PM me and I'll let you temporarily use my account (once we're back online with PSN) so you can use the cloud feature to temporarily store your saved data onto there while you do the formatting, and then put it all back on.

Until then, try every other available option. A final thing you might consider is there is some roster issue. I remember when playing ESPN NFL 2K5 I had a freeze in my game every time after kickoff unless I substituted out a certain player as my kick-returner. Something caused the game to lockup and freeze on runtime, and the same thing might be happening here. Try default rosters and see if things work out for you.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Rookie

chevrock22's Arena

OVR: 2

Same problem. I had a friend re-format for me.

Go Packers!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »