Home

Top Five 'Next-Gen' Madden Rookies

This is a discussion on Top Five 'Next-Gen' Madden Rookies within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Top Five 'Next-Gen' Madden Rookies

Year after year EA Sports pumps out a new Madden game. The game faces the scrutiny of inconsistencies, but one thing stays constant: rookies. The newcomers to the NFL always find themselves as some of the most used players in the game.

Whether you’re a St. Louis Rams fan and want to see if Sam Bradford will lead you to the promised land, or if you just questioned why exactly your Houston Texans drafted Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young, all gamers share in their excitement to try out the new rookie class. So here is a list of the top five rookies to debut in Madden during this generation.

Read More - Top Five 'Next-Gen' Madden Rookies
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Best rookie in Madden 12: A.J Green. If not him, Julio Jones. Marcell Dareus would be the third best, and Von Miller probably has an outside shot at being in the top 3.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Top Five 'Next-Gen' Madden Rookies

In Madden, any rookie with a 98+ speed was a god send. I didn't care about their AWR or anything else, usually. If the RB/WR/CB/LB/Safety had speed, I was good to go. Fumbling was a bit of an issue, but I usually turned Tatum Bell into a 1400 yard rusher because he was quick enough.

That being said, I've seen some wicked videos of Tim Tebow from M11 going 60 yards on a scramble after breaking 6 tackles, etc. (Don't look at my avatar!)
Old 05-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Cam Newton obviously should be a pretty studly QB for the game. A.J. Green, Patrick Peterson (will probably have the biggest impact defensively for a rookie). I also wouldn't count out Mark Ingram as possibly being beastly as a HB.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11

yea i knew from the get go that Megatron was gonna own because he is a Jump ball nightmare at 6'4-6'5 and weighs 235-240 pounds and runs a 4.3

and has mad hops and YAC abiltity

but Alex Smith idk i didnt expect much outta a Utah QB since this is waaay before the Spread was in the NFL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
What about the jump from MJD? They didn't even get his name right when he was a rookie and he had like a 70 OVR rating. Now he's one of the top RB's in the game.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Imaking332's Arena

OVR: 5
I believe Reggie Bush was the highest rated runningback and tied for highest at 87, and I would put him #2 on this list.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Best rookie in Madden 12: A.J Green. If not him, Julio Jones. Marcell Dareus would be the third best, and Von Miller probably has an outside shot at being in the top 3.

I disagree. IMO Patrick Peterson should be the best rated rookie, then AJ, then Dareus.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »