Home

Presting Rating for Coaches NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Presting Rating for Coaches NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Presting Rating for Coaches NCAA 12

We should start rating each teams head coaches now so that we can have a thread where we can just edit the Presting ratings when the game drops. I know its early but if we start now we can debate on the ratings so that we can get a close consensus on each coach.

I'll start it off with a couple (judging from the screens the ratings are numbers based but show as a grade):

Nick Saban - Alabama HC (Prestige: 94-98) A+....obviously one of the best coaches in football

Lane Kiffin - USC HC (Prestige: 80-85) B- or B+....new to the college game but doing well in recruiting and has NFL experience.

Will Muschamp - UF HC (75-80) C+ or B-...new head coach, highly respected coordinator.

Charlie Weiss - UF OC (75-80) C+ or B-...yes he was a HC so maybe he should be higher, but judging his lack of success recruiting hurts him. Still a highly respected coordinator.

Mario Cristobal - FIU HC (60-68) D or D+...he's on the rise but not quite getting looks from the major schools yet.

edit: can a mod change the title to Prestige instead of presting

Last edited by PikeJR23; 05-19-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Presting Rating for Coaches NCAA 12

Let's do the whole ACC for fun.

Boston College - Frank Spaziani - B-. I'm going to be honest, I don't really know a whole lot about Spaziani.

Clemson - Dabo Swinney - C+. Swinney hasn't done a whole lot since taking over for Tommy Bowden, and his team went sub-.500 last season.

Duke - David Cutcliffe - C/C+. He continues to get the most that he can out of the Duke program, and at one point was a pretty well-established offensive coordinator.

Florida State - Jimbo Fisher - B+. Fisher has not only survived the transition period from Bobby Bowden, but he's positioned Florida State back into the forefront of the conscience of college football. Big things are expected of the Seminoles this season.

Georgia Tech - Paul Johnson - B+. Johnson's option system is well-established in Atlanta now, and he's enjoyed a surprising amount of success with it. He won the ACC in 2009.

Maryland - Randy Edsall - C+. Got UConn, of all teams, to a BCS bowl. On the first year on the job at Maryland.

Miami - Al Golden - C+/B-. He had great success at Temple, can he translate that to Da U, however?

North Carolina - Butch Davis - B+. Davis can build programs, obviously, but some question his gameday coaching.

North Carolina State - Tom O'Brien - B. O'Brien was solid at Boston College, and after two subpar seasons in Raleigh appears to have turned the Wolfpack around.

Virginia - Mike London - C+. London obviously can recruit, as evidenced by a Top 25 recruiting class for the Class of 2011. He needs to get more results on the field in his second year, however, before I can rank my guy any higher.

Virginia Tech - Frank Beamer - A. Not an A+ because he's not won a national title, but he's one of the more well-recognized head coaches in college football for certain, certainly the most-recognized head coach in the conference.

Wake Forest - Jim Grobe - C/C+. He's had a reasonable amount of success, but not a whole lot lately.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Is there a N/A rating for the Bucks coach?
Old 05-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by theohiostbuckeye
Is there a N/A rating for the Bucks coach?
If were going by pure recruiting, and on the field results, he's no doubt an A+. Now off the field, that is a different matter.

Also APF 2k8
I think you're ratings are too lenient. No way should Jimbo be an A after only one season. Dan Mullen is another that comes to mid, he's good, but not A- worthy. Same for gundy, and others as well. I think A's entirely should be reserved for only the best coaches, who have proven there worth over multiple seasons

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

Last edited by dan_457; 05-19-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #5
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Joe Pa has to be A+
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by APF 2K8
A+:
Stoops (no homer)
Saban
??Tressel??
Joe Pa

A:
Jimbo (borderline A+, I think he's Saban-lite)
Mack Brown (say what you want about recruiting, but he just went 5-7)
Les
Beamer
Chip Kelly
Chizik
Gary Patterson
Chris Peterson
Muschamp
Mark Richt
Spurrier

A-:
Dan Mullen
Bobby Petrino
Kiffin
Nueheisel
Brian Kelly
Kirk Ferrentz
Jim Bielema
Mark D'Antonio
Mike Gundy
Gary Pinkel
Bo Pelini
Butch Davis
Paul Johnson
I think you need an MRI if you think rick neuheisel is anywhere close to being ranked as an A- coach. The guy is gone after this year and done nothing at UCLA. Jimbo Fisher has potential, but again... Is not an A coach right now. He doesn't deserve it.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

My Opinion on the SEC
ALABAMA: Nick Saban: (A+) In my opinion, the best coach in college football
ARKANSAS: Bobby Petrino (B+) He's been very sucsessful at Louisville and Arkansas
AUBURN: Gene Chizik (B) I think he's overrated but he did win a national championship.
FLORIDA: Will Muschamp (B-) Sucsessful as a coordinator but unproven as a head coach.
GEORGIA: Mark Richt (B+) He's done well at Georgia although I don't see him staying there much longer.
KENTUCKY: Joker Phillips (C) I don't think Joker is that good of a coach. Kentucky isn't getting any better.
LSU: Les Miles (B+) The luckiest coach in America but he keeps on winning.
OLE MISS: Houston Nutt (C+) He's an OK coach, but Ole Miss seems to be going downhill fast.
MISSISSIPPI STATE: Dan Mullen (B) Has the Bulldogs headed in the right direction.
SOUTH CAROLINA: Steve Spurrier (B+) An extremely succsessful coach, although his USC teams aren't as good as his Florida teams.
TENNESSEE: Derek Dooley (B-) I really think Dooley will be extremely succsessful for Tennessee.
VANDERBILT: James Franklin (C-) I'm not really sure why Vanderbilt hired him.

BONUS
USC: Lane Kiffin (F) seriously, I would rate him a B

Last edited by volstopfan14; 05-19-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

There needs to be separate categories. Like for Kiffin, I'd give him a B or B- for coaching but A for recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »