Home

MLB 2K11 Perfect Game Challenge Winner Announced, Brian Kingrey Wins $1 Million

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Perfect Game Challenge Winner Announced, Brian Kingrey Wins $1 Million within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB 2K11 Perfect Game Challenge Winner Announced, Brian Kingrey Wins $1 Million

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Louisiana High School Music Teacher Finesses His Way to Million Dollars by Pitching Perfect Game (Virtually)

2K Sports Creates Another Millionaire with Major League Baseball® 2K11 Perfect Game Challenge

What:
  • 2K Sports announced today that the next million dollar winner for the Major League Baseball® 2K11 Perfect Game Challenge is a high school music teacher from Louisiana.
  • Brian Kingrey practiced for four hours a day for two full weeks before perfecting his skills to pitch a Perfect Game
- Brian used virtual Roy Halladay in MLB 2K11 to pitch his $1,000,000 Perfect Game
- Roy Halladay is the cover athlete of MLB 2K11,2010 NL Cy Young award winner and pitcher of a REAL-LIFE Perfect Game one year ago THIS WEEKEND

Background:
  • Brian is the second overall winner of the million dollar prize, following Wade McGilberry, who achieved perfection in last year’s Major League Baseball 2K10 Perfect Game Challenge.
  • The winning Perfect Game Challenge video was the first submission to be verified in this highly competitive contest, which began on April 1, 2011. 2K Sports worked with Twin Galaxies, an official scorekeeping organization, to verify the entry and conducted its own in-house examination of the footage and game data to confirm the legitimacy of the perfect game.
  • Major League Baseball 2K11 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and is now available in North America on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system, Wii™ system, PC-DVD, Nintendo DS™, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system.
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 2K11 Perfect Game Challenge Winner Announced, Brian Kingrey Wins $1 Million

Just read this one Yahoo. Hope he enjoys his new fridge.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Spoke with him earlier. A story should be up in the morning.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:19 AM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: MLB 2K11 Perfect Game Challenge Winner Announced, Brian Kingrey Wins $1 Million

Good for him. Nice to see a teacher get some extra coin.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:47 AM   #5
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Congrats to him. Definitely deserving with the hard work it must have taken.
I had a perfect game going with Grienke on my Brewers...then i got lit up in the 9th with 1 out.
It was lame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Congrats to him. Definitely deserving with the hard work it must have taken.
I had a perfect game going with Grienke on my Brewers...then i got lit up in the 9th with 1 out.
It was lame.
Took him 3 tries. Said he doesnt even play sports games that much.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Took him 3 tries. Said he doesnt even play sports games that much.
Last year's winner wasn't a big sports gamer either. That hurts a bit; I'd like to see one of us guys that play mostly sports games win a contest like this.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Last year's winner wasn't a big sports gamer either. That hurts a bit; I'd like to see one of us guys that play mostly sports games win a contest like this.
We're too busy tweaking sliders, changing rosters, and editing players for us to get this before some yahoo, who doesn't even care about sports, wins it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »