Home

Finally assembled a team that I like

This is a discussion on Finally assembled a team that I like within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Finally assembled a team that I like

Ok so I started up a Bulls dynasty with the idea of getting rid of Noah and Boozer along with a few other guys. So just before the deadline I used the trade finder and found some really nice trades.

The first trade I sent Boozer and Noah to the Clippers for Eric Gordon and Chris Kaman. I like the trade on my part because Gordan is a scorer and Kaman is pretty solid in the post. The only thing I don't like about the trade is I don't think the Clippers would do that in real life.

The second trade was with the Pistons. I traded Luol Deng (and is over priced contract) and C.J. Watson for Tayshaun Prince and Jason Maxiell. I like this trade because of Tayshauns expiring contract and Maxiell will be a suitable backup to Gibson.

My third and final trade involved sending Keith Bogans to the Jazz for Earl Watson. I am not a big fan of Bogans and I needed a backup PG. I could have used Brewer at the point but his ball handling skills aren't good.

My Roster
PG- Rose (91), Watson (64)
SG- Gordon (84), Brewer (72), Korver (65)
SF- Prince (76)
PF- Gibson (75), Maxiell (71), Scalabrine (44)
C- Kaman (79), Thomas (68), Asik (59)

Now In case your wondering Brewer and Korver occasionally play at the SF position when Prince needs a breather.

I have played 2 games so far and I will admit this team suits me very well. I know the team isn't perfect and I will need to look for upgrades at the SF position in the offseason.

Game 1 @ Hawks
Rose had 18 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists
Gordon had 15 points and was 6-12 from the field
Prince scored 13 points was 5-7 from field and 1-1 from downtown
Brewer had 9 points off the bench with a 4-6 and 1-1 from 3-point
Kaman had 8 points and only 5 rebounds
Gibson had 8 points and 4 rebounds
Earl Watson came off the bench and knocked down both 3-point shots

I won the game 82-61 on 9 minute quarters.
CHI- 20-18-25-19-82
ATL- 13-14-19-15-61

Game 2 @ Magic

Rose had 21 points and 8 assists
Gordon had 18 points and was 7-12 from the field and 3-7 from downtown
Kaman had a much better game with 16 points and 8 boards
Prince had 16 points with a 5-9 shooting and 2-4 from 3-point range
Korver was 2-5 from long range and ended up with 8 points
Watson hit a 3-pointer and both free throws for 5 points
Gibson only scored 2 points but grabbed 13 boards
Thomas also only scored 2 points but had 5 rebounds

I beat the Magic 88-68
CHI- 19-24-21-24-88
ORL- 17-22-18-11-68

The Atlanta game was a lot closer than the score looks. They actually took the lead at the beginning of the 2nd quarter before I finally pulled away. They still managed to keep it too close for my taste throughout the entire game. Thankfully I was able to find a way to keep pulling ahead.

The Orlando game was really close until the 4th quarter. I would have been up by 7 at the half but Nelson hit a half court buzzer beater (first that I have seen on this game) to make it only 4 points. I was only up by 7 after the 3rd quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #2
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Finally assembled a team that I like

ur team looks okay...

but no matter wat upgrades u make. if the hawks and magic cant even break 70 on ur team which is very mis matched in the post against both teams...id say u def need a new slider set, or 1 period if ur not using one now.

my sliders ill hold crappy teams to 75 but good teams always are between 85-95 points.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Unrealistic, Boozer was taken by the Bulls in the offseason and Noah is the franchise player for Bulls along with Rose
2001 Lakers
Old 06-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
Rookie

stball95's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker987
Unrealistic, Boozer was taken by the Bulls in the offseason and Noah is the franchise player for Bulls along with Rose
It's his game, it's his Association... Let him do whatever he effing wants.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 19

Up the difficulty man....

You softened up your defense and you are holding them to numbers that would make the 04 Pistons proud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

schnaidt1: Yea I do agree I need to find some slider set's along with playing on 10 minute quarters. I have played three games with this team and I haven't broke 90 yet. In the Magic game, Howard only took 6 shots and made 4 of them. So I think if the computer was smart enough to pass him the ball more I would have been in some serious trouble. Like I said the game was a lot closer than the score shows.

parker987: I agree that the clippers trade was unrealistic but not because of what you said. The trade was unrealistic because the Clippers have Blake Griffin so they wouldn't need both Noah and Boozer. I should have tried to find a 3rd team. Yes the Bulls signed Boozer in the offseason but it was February 8th when I made the trade. My team was 29-21 so I now was the right time to make some trades. Boozer was averaging around 18 points and 7 rebounds while Noah was averaging around 9 points and 9 rebounds. Not spectacular numbers in my book.

Also I read the "rate my trade" thread and I remember seeing everyone saying Gerald Wallace was the franchise player for the Bobcats so he is untouchable but look what happened in real life. The only "untouchable" player on the Bulls is Rose everyone else is fair game in my opinion.

Jesus: Yes losing Noah was a big blow to my defense but overall my team got better defensively. Here is how my old team compared to my new team defensively.

Rose- A- (Per D)
Bogans- B+ (Per D)
Deng- C+ (Per D)
Boozer- C (Post D), B+ (Reb)
Noah- A (Post D), A+ (Reb)

Rose- A- (Per D)
Gordon- A- (Per D)
Prince- B (Per D)
Gibson- B+ (Post D), B+ (Reb)
Kaman- B+ (Post D), B+ (Reb)

So if you use the logic that F through A+ equals 1-13 then my teams add up to the following.

Old equals 46 points
New equals 51 points

Plus my team is currently the number 1 rated defensive team in the league.

I just simulated to the end of the season and my team finished 50-32. My team went 21-11 after the trades. I'm thinking of doing a type of sign and trade with Prince this off season.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

LOL at Rose actually being an A- perimeter defender. Is that the default rating or a tweak? Because he stinks defensively IYAM.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvspree8
LOL at Rose actually being an A- perimeter defender. Is that the default rating or a tweak? Because he stinks defensively IYAM.
That is his default rating. He probably isn't that good in real life but he has held his own against some solid point guards. I remember he shut down D-Williams and C-Paul in back to back games this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »