Home

Please Pass To My Player

This is a discussion on Please Pass To My Player within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Please Pass To My Player

So it seems im like the fat kid on the playground, nobody will pass me the ball. Im a 7'5 C and usually have the upper hand, so i call for a pass..... I get negative points for calling for the ball. But i dont seem to ever get a pass for points, i end up with usually about 15-20 points and i average 18 boards a game. Any tips or am i just not going to get many inside passes?

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Please Pass To My Player

Try setting pick and rolls with the pg on your team and rolling to the paint, you should get more touches like this
Old 06-27-2011, 01:11 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron203aaron
Try setting pick and rolls with the pg on your team and rolling to the paint, you should get more touches like this
yup, i was in a similar situation when i started my career. 7'5 center vs a 6'1 pg in the post and i still couldnt get the ball. i'd get super frustrated and just keep calling for the ball and eventually get a 3 in the key b/c i was just so frustrated with my teammates for not taking advantage of the mismatch. honestly your going to be frustrated like that for awhile until you get a higher rating and get more respect on your team.

I remember games early in my career where i would score 30+ points, 20+ rbs and 15+ blks and not one of my points was off a post move or set play. they would basically all be off missed shots from my teammates where I would grab the board then dunk/layup/get fouled etc. it may be frustrating but just keep plugging at it, eventually you'll get your rating and clout among your teammates up and they'll start passing you the ball.

alot of the time i'll just run up and set a pick for the ball handler and roll to the bucket for an alley-oop or set the pick just to get the ball handler moving. normally either he'll get doubled, or they'll switch. either way it creates movement and sometimes when i roll i'll draw in a defender off the wing leaving an open 3 pt shooter.

playing an off ball position in my player can be frustrating initially, just focus on the little things and doing the dirty work. get an A+ by setting picks, blocking shots and getting boards. the points will come naturally as you work into the offense.

GL

NBA - Magic, Kings
NFL - 49ers

Last edited by blarg.; 06-27-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Rookie

im on the PS3 and for whatever reason i cant pull down a board and dunk it, i try for a layup and usually miss the damn thing, i was under the assumption i was doing it right, i suppose not?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
Pro

your dunking, vert, standing dunk etc probably arent high enough yet. just grab the board then give a pump fake then try to go back up. if your not in a good position, its ok to back it out and reset the play or try to repost your defender

GL

NBA - Magic, Kings
NFL - 49ers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron203aaron
That's funny, cause on my center, when I'm called to do a pick and roll, the PG or SG just holds the ball until the shot clock runs out and jacks a 3.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
Rookie

I get boxed out by the worst people, does my strength and or off rebound ability affect my players ability to get around them?

Old 06-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
I get boxed out by the worst people, does my strength and or off rebound ability affect my players ability to get around them?
yup, pulling the RT and LT get diff moves to get around people.

another thing to do for offensive rebounds it to crash the boards at weird angles. i noticed i get boxed out if i try to go straight for the basket but if i go towards the baseline or away from the defender then cut towards the hoop, i dont get boxed out as much

NBA - Magic, Kings
NFL - 49ers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »