Home

TO tears ACL filming tv show

This is a discussion on TO tears ACL filming tv show within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
MattUMD224

OVR:
TO tears ACL filming tv show

Quote:
Terrell Owens, who has placed himself among the NFL's all-time leading receivers with plans to play a 16th season, has undergone surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in one of his knees following a previously undisclosed injury this offseason, according to sources familiar with the injury.

Owens, 37, was unavailable for comment but sources said the surgery by noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews occurred within the past month.

One source said Owens was hurt while on site taping a television show for VH1.

Another source said Owens tore the ACL during a personal workout but other sources could not confirm the cause of injury. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, also was unavailable for comment Sunday evening. His brother and partner in the agent business, Jason Rosenhaus, said, "I don't like to deny stories or confirm or deny anything. It's really something for Drew (to address)."

Rosenhaus issued a denial to an ESPN inquiry last month about Owens' injury. Other sources close to Owens ignored specific inquiries Sunday night.

Owens has never made reference to an ACL injury on Twitter, where he has an active account.

Owens' 2010 season for the Cincinnati Bengals came to an end when he tore meniscus cartilage in his left knee Dec. 19 against the Cleveland Browns in week 14. Dr. Andrews surgically repaired Owens' meniscus on Dec. 20.

Sources said while Owens did tear an ACL with the new injury, he suffered no other damage to the knee in question and with intensive rehab he conceivably could return within six months, or around mid-to-late November, in a best-case scenario.

Owens has said he intended to play a 16th season in 2011 after catching 72 passes for 983 yards and nine touchdowns for the Bengals, who signed him to a one-year, $2-million contract last year. He will be a free agent when the NFL lockout ends but his injury status clearly places his season, and perhaps his career, in question.

Career-wise, Owens ranks behind only Jerry Rice in all-time receiving yardage and is third behind Rice and Randy Moss in receiving touchdowns.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6707492

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: TO tears ACL filming tv show

Rehab, get comfortable with the knee and then sign on to help push a team already playoff bound just that much further. Could work out well for him.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm guessing this is it for T.O., sure he had a great year last year but it really reeked of "stat compiling". I'm sure he'll get better in time to try and help a team but I just don't see any team with a legit shot in the playoffs risking team chemistry by adding Owens.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-26-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I think he's done now.

Teams were hesitant before. Now throw a severe knee injury on top of that and I don't think anybody will want to sign him.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Rehab, get comfortable with the knee and then sign on to help push a team already playoff bound just that much further. Could work out well for him.
Don't ACL's put you out for close to a year? Can't remember what ligament Woodson tore, but I remember he was back to play a limited role in the Super Bowl, and I remember Jerry Rice came back too fast from his surgery and hurt himself again -- those are the only two I can remember that bounced back with the quickness. Depending on when he tore it, you'd have to guess that most, if not all of this season is gone for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Don't ACL's put you out for close to a year? Can't remember what ligament Woodson tore, but I remember he was back to play a limited role in the Super Bowl, and I remember Jerry Rice came back too fast from his surgery and hurt himself again -- those are the only two I can remember that bounced back with the quickness. Depending on when he tore it, you'd have to guess that most, if not all of this season is gone for him.
You don't even have to click the link, the OP has it in their post...

Quote:
Sources said while Owens did tear an ACL with the new injury, he suffered no other damage to the knee in question and with intensive rehab he conceivably could return within six months, or around mid-to-late November, in a best-case scenario.
It really depends on what Owens wants to do, an incentive laden veteran minimum contract for a playoff team would be a small amount of risk and if it doesn't work out they cut him.

That or he retires.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

This has to be the end imo

Just call me Sanchez
Old 06-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #8
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
You don't even have to click the link, the OP has it in their post...

It really depends on what Owens wants to do, an incentive laden veteran minimum contract for a playoff team would be a small amount of risk and if it doesn't work out they cut him.

That or he retires.
Yeah, I saw that blurb in the article, I was just going off how I've seen guys respond to ACL surgery. November is the "best" of best case scenarios. Most guys talk about how they aren't all the way back until at least a year. It's not totally impossible for a guy like T.O. to bounce back, but at a certain point a 37 year old body is going to stop cooperating, and the planting and cutting required by the position puts another wrinkle in things. I just have a hard time imagining him playing this season, especially since you don't just plug a guy into an unfamiliar offense and expect him to push a team over the top. It didn't work with Moss and he was completely healthy. That's all I was getting at.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »