Home

NCAA 12 demo tuner/patch Requests

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 demo tuner/patch Requests within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
NCAA 12 demo tuner/patch Requests

Demo is out !!!! Lets get these tuner and patch requests in !

1. Blitziing is an automatic sack, linebackers acceleration is way too fast and the offensive line & RB don't even attempt to pick up the blitz.

Tone down the acceleration of linebackers on blitzes
Improve pass blocking on blitz pick up

2. CPU can't run out of the shotgun. Read option = automatic 6 yard lost, running out of the shotgun is automatic lost for the RB as well.

3. Fix the no huddle. It results in an offsides for the defense most of the time.

4. Improve play calling logic.

5. Fix the CPU blocking on special teams. CPU gets no blocking when they try to return kick offs or Punts.

6. Improve blocking punts and FGs. For some reason a player will get to the kicker but then just stop running instead of trying to block the kick.

7. Improve the sound of tackles. They sound too weak.

8. CBs don't jam the WRs at all, even when you tell them too. They just let the WRs run right past them.

9. Improve CPU QB throwing on screens. He throws it into the ground yards behind the RB or WR way too much.

10. Improve option tosses, CPU QB tosses the ball behind the RB to the ground.

11. Improve CPU AI ball carrier vision running logic for the QB and RB. They still run into the crowd way too much instead of bouncing it to the outside to wide open field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Re: NCAA 12 demo tuner/patch Requests

Please improve coverage on skinny posts/slants/vertical plays

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I know EA comes in and patches these things but these seem like alot of NCAA 11 problems and throw in a few more...ugh
Old 06-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

hm, a lot of what you bring up I haven't noticed, especially your first point. If anything you get too much time in the pocket. At least that's the way I feel playing as Oregon. These tuner sets have really become a BAD thing though. Look at how it ruined NCAA 11 and EA Boxing. They just need to release a solid product and LEAVE THE TUNERS ALONE, please. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the history has shown that the tuners have been nothing but a huge detriment. On top of that, everyone has a different opinion as to how the game should play. They could buy it, thinking it plays a certain way. Then a few weeks later a tuner is released that may kill the experience for certain players.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Im not sure this can be tuned or not, because it has more to do with playing the appropriate animations...it might be more along the lines of a patch, and hopefully not a "wait until Next Year"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

A good front 4 should be breathing on the QB in an average of about 3-4 secs.....thats what you should be shooting for....3-4 Secs

And heres a Patch Tuner/Request already by the looks of that vid:

After you turn up the Pass Rush across the board

****Give the Interior DTs and 3-4 DEs more of a Power Push animation and less of the completely coming free variety......Have em push the OL right back into the QB****

And let the ratings of the DL vs OL, like strength, determine the speed of the push
Note: In most cases the OL should always be getting pushed back a little

Heres an example:

Now the 4-3 DEs/3-4 OLBs need to shoot off the ball and get up the field fast taking away that immediate roll out out that so many people like to do in these games

Listen Im still excited for the game, but these changes are desperately needed to enhance specifically, the Online gameplay and strategy

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 06-28-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #6
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Demo is out !!!! Lets get these tuner and patch requests in !

1. Blitziing is an automatic sack, linebackers acceleration is way too fast and the offensive line & RB don't even attempt to pick up the blitz.

Tone down the acceleration of linebackers on blitzes
Improve pass blocking on blitz pick up

2. CPU can't run out of the shotgun. Read option = automatic 6 yard lost, running out of the shotgun is automatic lost for the RB as well.

3. Fix the no huddle. It results in an offsides for the defense most of the time.

4. Improve play calling logic.

5. Fix the CPU blocking on special teams. CPU gets no blocking when they try to return kick offs or Punts.

6. Improve blocking punts and FGs. For some reason a player will get to the kicker but then just stop running instead of trying to block the kick.

7. Improve the sound of tackles. They sound too weak.

8. CBs don't jam the WRs at all, even when you tell them too. They just let the WRs run right past them.

9. Improve CPU QB throwing on screens. He throws it into the ground yards behind the RB or WR way too much.

10. Improve option tosses, CPU QB tosses the ball behind the RB to the ground.

11. Improve CPU AI ball carrier vision running logic for the QB and RB. They still run into the crowd way too much instead of bouncing it to the outside to wide open field.
Geez!! I haven't even played the demo yet and I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to the release day in hopes that this year's game wouldn't have near as many issues of past versions. Apparently it does.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

One saving grace so far is the QB movement. They don't run forward a lot, but at least they go side to side a lot. Wish they went forward more though.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

1. The CPU QB decision making on blitz is horrible. I am either playing amazing coverage or the QB is bad at decision making. Most of my sacks came from him just not finding a place to throw. A few times he even ran into the blitz instead of away. The one time i thought he made a good decision he was backed into his own endzone. He actually found a hole and ran it out himself to avoid a safety. Next play he got a safety.

2. The zone is much improved. Kudos for this.

EDIT: Just moved up from AA to heisman and I retract my easier to run statement. :P Still seeing the QB not making decisions. The CPU computer doesnt extend the pocket if nothings there hardly takes off and runs, and just waits to be sacked. Id liek to see him at the very least get outside the pocket and throw it away.

Last edited by notoriouzwun; 06-28-2011 at 01:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »