Home

Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
Banned

jarv's Arena

OVR: 1
Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12?

My favorite thing to do in the game is choosing a school and injecting a completely new offense. Last year I went with rebuilding North Texas...and as with every rebuilding, my first dilemma was deciding which offense to run. Seeing how they have the advantage of being in one of the best states for big ol' offensive linemen, I decided to go with using a power running attack. I chose Michigan State's playbook in order to get a good running game going, and they had a diverse enough shotgun formation that I was able to continue to take advantage of the passing game their old coach left me. In a few seasons I turned their offense into a pretty devastating power running game and was able to run away with a few conference titles.

As we know, in NCAA 12 we're going to have the ability to create our own playbooks. For you guys, is this going to change the way you rebuild teams? Which team do you plan on starting with and what kind of offense do you run with when you're trying to turn around a struggling team? Is it easier to build on the strengths that are already there? Do you take a team with a bad offensive line and use a spread to try to get rid of the ball quickly? Or do you pound the ball and try to grind up the yards to keep your bad defense well rested and off the field?

I don't know which team I'm going to roll with this year, but I want a huge challenge, so any suggestions are welcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12?

Last year, Syracuse ended up being the team I played with after I fell in love with their play book.

I also really liked Tulane's extremely similar playbook.

I'm not sure what team I'll be starting with, but I know I intend to start with a 1* school as an offensive coordinator. I may choose a school that has at least somewhat of a structure in place for the I-Form running game (lots of spread schools with no fullbacks), but I'll have my own custom playbook which will be extraordinarily similar to Syracuse/Tulane of last year. Lots of I-Form, Weak-I, Strong-I. I'll be able to make sure I have the Pro Form split backs set, maybe a couple Triple Option wing formations, of course my select few Ace forms, and probably go with no shotgun formations in favor of pistol formations.

First few days of owning the game will be spent getting comfortable with all the plays and checking out the teams. I always wait till the named rosters are available before starting my dynasty.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
zav
Rookie

OVR: 2

hmmmm i did army last year and it took me 3 years to get that school to a decent place and i had to make a stop at nevada to get to a BCS conference so i wont be doing that again. I dont care about playbook since i always bring my own playbook but i expect i will spend 3-5 years as an OC at SMU get promoted to HC and build it up to a division powerhouse then move the school up a division and end up in the big 12 before switching to texas.

yeah i like to plan ahead and i really like playing my former schools when i move on. Last year though i had a problem with the game because my North Texas dynasty was just about flawless in everyway and we had a 80 game winning streak (snapped at home vs. #2 USC) but the game never gave me the option to move up to the big 12 so i ended up with an A+ squad stuck in the sun belt playing D and C teams
Old 07-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 12

I will be using NIU. Not a total rebuilding since they are a good team but dont get the recognition playing in the MAC.
Northern Illinois Huskies
Old 07-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Well it depends how I setup my playbooks. I will probably go to the bottom feeder and pick and school and work my way to head coach at Nebraska.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Arkansas State and Western Michigan have the best roster for a 3-4 year stay at a little school (out of the 1 star teams). Both have a real nice set up for the pass, and a running game could develop very easily.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

Gonna rebuild Arkansas State, was gonna use San Jose state but thatd be too hard and then I was gonna use Kent State, but I felt Arkansas State gave you a good base roster to build off of.

I wish they'd show the in game roster so I could figure out who i'm gonna redshirt and what not ahead of time.

I'm not very good with football Playbooks. Im gonna use Spread offense though as a base and add whatever plays I like. I will then recruit the fastest 1-2 star Runningbacks I can get and a scrambling QB and then recruit for my needs. The best way to recruit in my eyes is to make the Recruit board with 15-20 players and start with the pipeline state recruits first, so you get the bonus during certain weeks.

Too bad most of us have to wait until the named rosters are out. RTG should hold me over though.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM938
Gonna rebuild Arkansas State, was gonna use San Jose state but thatd be too hard and then I was gonna use Kent State, but I felt Arkansas State gave you a good base roster to build off of.

I wish they'd show the in game roster so I could figure out who i'm gonna redshirt and what not ahead of time.

I'm not very good with football Playbooks. Im gonna use Spread offense though as a base and add whatever plays I like. I will then recruit the fastest 1-2 star Runningbacks I can get and a scrambling QB and then recruit for my needs. The best way to recruit in my eyes is to make the Recruit board with 15-20 players and start with the pipeline state recruits first, so you get the bonus during certain weeks.

Too bad most of us have to wait until the named rosters are out. RTG should hold me over though.
If you go on the Teambuilder website you can see the rosters for every team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »