Home

*** SN's All American Sliders ***

This is a discussion on *** SN's All American Sliders *** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 14
*** SN's All American Sliders *** (NCAA Football 12)

I am returning once again to do All American sliders for NCAA Football 12! I have been producing slider sets since NCAA 06 on PS2 then moved up to Xbox 360 once the new generation NCAA came out. Now, I've made my transition from Xbox 360 to PS3, but the concept will be the same by using my experience to seek out the best settings for All American level. Hopefully, I can come up with the best challenging slider set for All American, but realistic at the same time.

---

CAUTION: HUM v HUM games will be drastically affected with this slider set, if used in an online dynasty. It will feel very different. However, HUM v CPU games will be played realistic with an organic feel to it.

An alternative choice is to sim through the weeks that there are HUM v HUM games to maintain realism.

SN's All American Sliders - v2.6 ... (NOW FINALIZED FOR DYNASTY PLAY!)

Gameplay Options

Skill: All American
Injuries: On
Fatigue: On
Quarter Length: 8 or 9 minutes - (User's Preference)
Play Clock: On
Game Speed: Normal
Speed Threshold: 45
HFA Effect: On
Ice the Kicker: On

Remarks
Quarter length is up to the player to decide. It really depends on how the player's playing style is. Experiment with it to find your medium.

Speed Threshold is now at 45 to create some extra separation between average and elite speed.

---

Penalties

Offsides: 100
False Start: 100
Holding: 45
Facemask: 45
O Pass Interference: 100
D Pass Interference: 100
KR/PR Interference: 100
Clipping: 40
Intentional Grounding: 100
Roughing the Passer: 53
Roughing the Kicker: 100

Remarks
I want to make some compensations with the sliders on the higher end with Clipping, Holding, and Roughing the Passer to make up for lack of penalties in general. I don't want to lead in NCAA with least penalty yards because that can create an unfair advantage over CPU in the long term. There is no Unsportsmanlike Conduct, Late Hits, etc. to make up for it so this will do.

If you don't want to get called for holding a lot, just set your gameplan adjustment to Conservative blocking. If you want to get away with some holding, go ahead with Normal or Aggressive.

---

Custom AI (HUM-CPU)

QB Accuracy: 10-45
Pass Blocking: 70-70
WR Catching: 45-50
RB Ability: 50-70
Run Blocking: 20-60
Pass Coverage: 50-100
Pass Rush: 55-90
Interceptions: 20-30
Rush Defense: 20-90
Tackling: 45-40
FG Power: 50-50
FG Accuracy: 25-40
Punt Power: 45-50
Punt Accuracy: 30-75
KO Power: 50-50

Remarks
Running with the ball should be much more organic and challenging on both sides. It should be based purely on the team's talent level at HB/FB and OL.

Stopping the run is a whole new beast with this set. Take a terrible team and try to defend against a potent rushing attack and it will be a long game! Weak running game against great defensive line will be a breeze.

Special teams should be perfect at this point. It should be a challenge to nail the long FGs from the hashes with Kick Accuracy at 20, but not too unforgiving to make it a frustration.

See DocHalladay32's research on Special Teams sliders: Special Teams Research

---

Auto-Subs

QB OUT: 25
QB IN: 75
RB OUT: 70
RB IN: 75
WR OUT: 79
WR IN: 85
FB/TE OUT: 50
FB/TE IN: 70
OL OUT: 50
OL IN: 70

DT OUT: 75
DT IN: 80
DE OUT: 75
DE IN: 80
LB OUT: 60
LB IN: 80
CB OUT: 35
CB IN: 75
S OUT: 35
S IN: 75

Remarks
This is the optimal substitution settings that are widely used.

---

Last edited by Silent Nature; 09-08-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Pro

Re: *** SN's All American Sliders ***

I am working on Special Teams slider set. I am getting the right feel for the FG Power and Accuracy now. Kickoffs looks good now.

Punt Power and Accuracy is very tricky to work with. All of this is critical for Version 1.0.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Rookie

tyler741's Arena

OVR: 7

Used your sliders last year, and they were a great. I look forward to your set, and will be here to post results, stats, and suggestions for you when they're up. I too made the jump to PS3 this year.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741
Used your sliders last year, and they were a great. I look forward to your set, and will be here to post results, stats, and suggestions for you when they're up. I too made the jump to PS3 this year.
Awesome. Can't go wrong with free online play.

I should have a rough base slider set by tonight to do extensive testing.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Hey. Loved your sets last year. I noticed thst this year heisman actually isn't cheating... Would I consider working with a solid and I mean solid base set.. Only difficulty I'm having is there's no ints user/CPU and user ko/fg power is tough... If u would be onterested in trying them I will post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Would you consider **
Old 07-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
Pro

I'll be focusing on All American to start out first. It would be more useful especially when we play with smaller schools.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
Pro

I just had a heck of a game with this base slider set, but it doesn't feel ready yet.

#20 Florida (CPU) at #3 Stanford (HUM)

44-41, Stanford in OT (Greatest Game Score: 1,067 points)

I felt like the running game is just a little easy, but still had 100 on CPU Run Defense. UF ran over 200 yards on me once my defense cracked in the 2nd half.

Luck only had 86 passing yards on 20 attempts, but 12 rushing yards for 2 TDs, including the game winning TD scramble up in the middle on 3rd and 7. Stanford's #33 had 113 rushing yards on 27 carries.

I thought this was a blowout by Stanford by halftime, but UF fought back to outscore me 31-14 in the second half to tie it up with 47 seconds left.

Last edited by Silent Nature; 07-12-2011 at 08:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »