Home

NBA 2K12: Let's Talk Shoes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12: Let's Talk Shoes within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
NBA 2K12: Let's Talk Shoes

Can we have a NBA 2K12 shoe thread/discussion? In my opinion this is separate from the Wishlist thread and doesn't fit into Pared's thread either because according to his thread description...

"This thread will focus on things such as the following:
Arenas
Player Faces
Player Accessories
Jersey Mistakes
Let's keep the topic focused in these areas."

I know that some of you think shoes are accessories, but 2K and I don't because shoes are not editable on the "Accessories" page--shoes are editable on their own page, and hopefully 2K12 shoes can be discussed on their own page.

Many people, including me, had problems with the shoes in 2K11 (but this won't be a complaint thread). I'm not a fan of his, but I read where people said Kobe's shoes weren't even in the game. Please post any comments or pics with shoes you would like to see in the game that are do-able for 2K. What did they miss last year? What are must haves for this year?

I must say for starters, with a Larry Bird cover I would like to see the Celtics wearing black shoes.

Mods, even though I think this is an interesting discussion seeing how many people are sneaker heads and shoe collectors, feel free to close/lock this thread if you see fit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K12: Let's Talk Shoes

They definitely need to add more shoes and better options for socks (especially for classic teams) hopefully they add DLC for shoes and accesories as well throughout the season (if there is one). Shoes also need to be better quality right now the shoes look like shoes from PS2.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Luckily Ronnie recently posted that sneakerheads will be very happy with some upcoming 2k12 news. Hopefully that means they actually have more than 2-4 basic options for each company, as well as more than 2 colorways...and actually have them work properly this time too.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
Luckily Ronnie recently posted that sneakerheads will be very happy with some upcoming 2k12 news. Hopefully that means they actually have more than 2-4 basic options for each company, as well as more than 2 colorways...and actually have them work properly this time too.
That's the kind of news that does make me very happy. I know they won't do this, but wouldn't it be great to see these guys rocking some Cons?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Well, I've always hoped that 2K/VC would do a better job with their representation of shoes in the 2K series. They've really been hit-or-miss, mostly miss, and I'm hoping it become more of emphasis for the graphic/art team. Unlike every other sport, basketball and sneakers have a connection that is like peanut butter and jelly (couldn't think of anything better LOL).

Here are shoes I'd like to see added to 2K12 (With high quality resolution similar to PC):

Nike

Zoom Kobe VI (ZKVII through DLC)
Air Max Lebron IX
Zoom KD III (ZKD IV through DLC)
Zoom Soldier V
Air Max Fly By
Hyperfuse 2011
Hyperdunk 2011
Air Max Hyperdunk 2011
Hyperballer 2011
Hyperfuse Low

adidas

Adizero Rose 2.0 (Rose Dominate/2.5 through DLC)
AdiPower Howard
AdiZero Crazy Light
Pro Model 2011
Adizero Ghost

Converse

?????

Reebok

Zig Encore

Jordan

Jordan 2011 (2012 through DLC)
Fly Wade
Melo M8
CP3.V
Q Flight
Jordan CMFT Viz Air 13
Jordan TC
Jordan Phase 23
Jordan Alpha 3%

(Need to add a low-cut, mid-cut and high-top silhouette for the shoes)

Note: Could someone post that Ronnie tweet, please. I don't have a tweeter account and don't want to create one just for that. Thanks.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 07-23-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

yea I hope they have a great selection because many shoes that players will be wearing next year have already been shown online even shoes that will come out next spring, it would be nice if 2k could design them and release them on dlc if anything and yes please fix the colorways
Old 07-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockafella2x
yea I hope they have a great selection because many shoes that players will be wearing next year have already been shown online even shoes that will come out next spring, it would be nice if 2k could design them and release them on dlc if anything and yes please fix the colorways
Absolute must.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
For the love of basketball please 2k get the colorways, and thus custom colorways, right.

sent from parts unknown

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »