Home

Best offensive style for ncaa12

This is a discussion on Best offensive style for ncaa12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best offensive style for ncaa12

What offensive style or playbook do you think is the most effective in ncaa 12? I'm not interested in making a custom playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Best offensive style for ncaa12

Depends on what you do good.
If you like to run the Ball a lot then go with a Single Back offense which is full of good runs to do. Alabama's playbook is probably best for that.

Multiple gives you a variety of choices. Boise State is the best playbook to use for both the run and pass.

Personally when I want to pass a lot I use the west coast system because it relies on short passes from undercenter and you can run the ball better than you can in the shotgun.

Spread and Air Raid should only be used if you are great at passing and dont want to run the ball because running out of the shotgun is ineffective.

Option offenses are super hard to run and you should only use them when you want to challenge yourself.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680
Depends on what you do good.
If you like to run the Ball a lot then go with a Single Back offense which is full of good runs to do. Alabama's playbook is probably best for that.

Multiple gives you a variety of choices. Boise State is the best playbook to use for both the run and pass.

Personally when I want to pass a lot I use the west coast system because it relies on short passes from undercenter and you can run the ball better than you can in the shotgun.

Spread and Air Raid should only be used if you are great at passing and dont want to run the ball because running out of the shotgun is ineffective.

Option offenses are super hard to run and you should only use them when you want to challenge yourself.

They aren't super hard to run, you just have to know what you're doing. If you're running triple option out of the flexbone, you just have to know how to read the defensive line and the line backers.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 07-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

One back, no doubt
Old 07-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdude2004
They aren't super hard to run, you just have to know what you're doing. If you're running triple option out of the flexbone, you just have to know how to read the defensive line and the line backers.
Most of us know what we're doing. But the point is the AI is broken and we don't want to spend more time fixing another problem with the game. When I run the read option I read the defensive end on the weak side of the formation. He stays back you hand it off, if he runs towards the qb and rb the qb fakes the hand off and runs past the defense. The thing is I don't run exclusively out of the shotgun so when I jack uo the AI to successfully run the options(You are going to be tackled for loss some times then sometimes you're gonna break of long TD runs). The bad part is the shotgun blocking is messed up so half the time when you hand off to the running back the play was mostly done developing and the DE and linebackers will be able to get to the running back unless a).good offensive line which most spread teams dont 2). the offensive line actually blocks 3). you have a fast back which USF a doesn't which is a decent read option team. In real life if you have good vision and a quick first couple steps you don't need speed with the crappy shotgun blocking AI doesn't allow that.

So I could jack up the sliders and then when I go back under center I cheat the defense. Just fix the shotgun AI which is essential since almost half the college teams run it at sometime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

Run & Shoot is awesome, if you actually can make read and reacts.

If you're someone who doesn't want to pay attention, go power running.
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Old 07-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

pro style or multy
Old 07-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

An Altered Alabama Playbook is what I use. I alter the Ace Formation and the Shotgun formations to Formations I like, but I keep the style of the Playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »