Home

Injuries - too frequent to starting HB and QB?

This is a discussion on Injuries - too frequent to starting HB and QB? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Injuries - too frequent to starting HB and QB?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am unable to finish a game without my starting QB and HB getting injured. Most often it is a first quarter "mild concussion" but it is literally every game. The QB is the most frequent, making it impossible to rack up any stats with a consistent QB.

They both have over 80 injury.

A few years ago there was an injury slider (at least in Madden) but now I'm stuck just turning injuries off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Injuries - too frequent to starting HB and QB?

Because Fatigue is weird. The more tired your player is, its exponentially easier to get hurt. If your moving around in the pocket a lot or if you had to scramble for yards, your QB will almost always be orange or red. It sucks that cheesing is so bad that this was the only solution EA had to help aid that. It takes away the experience from playing with / against mobile quarterbacks. Best bet is to adjust your auto subs for HB, and if your QB is in yellow fatigue, than run some runs or quick passes.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Injuries are always a little buggy. I haven't had an OL'man injured in the past 2 iterations of NCAA unless I sim. Now that I think about it, defenders rarely get injured.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah if you run with the QB you can't get hit.

And if a player is injured and you have the option to bring him back into the game do not do so if it says reinjury risk high.

I have been running the ball alot with the QB and you literally can't get hit.

FSUs EJ Manuel is 6'5 242lbs with a 4.51 forty time, but if he gets tackled by a CB he is out for at least 1 qtr.

I guess theres only 1 Tim Tebow or Cam Newton Lol.

Considering QBs get hurt more often from blindside sacks than they do running the ball, I find this very annoying.

In my online dynasty I have the option of juking the safety or last defender for an extra 10-20 yards or sliding to end the play.

Thats a big difference in human vs human games.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

QB and RB is the worst for injuries. I can't remember the last time I lost someone outside those positions for more than a game.

It's been that way for awhile in NCAA. I never lose my linemen on either side.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i find playing with michigan is pointless because denard and the starting rb are taken out in the first quarter every time. i played one where denard was taken out on the first play. i think they only have a 72 injury, but give me a break ...they can both finish a damn game.

first game with them, robinson was injured 6 or 7 times. ridiculous.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

thats wierd ive only had my rb injured probably twice in 5 sesons and qb injured once and hes a scrambler.ive had various Wrs and defensive players be injured though but nothing that seems out of the ordinary
Old 08-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
Rookie

DahLZy's Arena

OVR: 3

Yes it's very annoying. My QB for eastern Michigan has 84 stamina and 81 injury but these past there years he has played a total of 6 games because he gets injured.

Like EA....do you watch football? QB's are not just some fat lazy person who is the biggest part of the football team....these boys are athletic or else they wouldn't be in division 1 football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »